Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:19PM local time and lasts just under 4 min. The chances of a clear sky are 40%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Ohio then straddling the Canada–New England border.
- 1 Medina Railroad Museum, 530 West Ave, ☏ . F-Su 10AM-5PM, closed major holidays. Housed in the former New York Central freight depot, there are a number of attractions within. There's the HO-scale model train layout, at 2800 square feet (260 square meters) one of the largest in the state. There are several museum exhibits and artifact collections on topics like local history, railroading, military equipment, and firefighting. And then there are the rail excursions to Lockport and back aboard the museum's rolling stock. These excursions happen on select weekends during the spring, summer, and fall and include a number of different themes. Popular themes include annual visits by Thomas the Tank Engine and The Polar Express, as well as fall foliage excursions. Adults $9, 60+ $8, 3-17 $7, under 2 free.
- Canal Heritage Day. Second Saturday in August.
- 1 Avanti's, 500 Main St, ☏ .
- 2 Baby Ribs, 701 Main St., ☏ .
- 3 Meggie Moo's, 114 E. Center St., ☏ . Daily 11AM-9PM. An old-fashioned ice cream parlor serving Perry's best flavors.
- 4 Monte Alban Tienda Mexicana, 507 E. Center St., ☏ . Daily 10AM-9PM. The community of Mexican immigrants in and around Medina — farmhands, mostly — is under-the-radar but sizable, and Monte Alban is where they come to stock up their kitchens. Imported from Mexico and elsewhere in Latin America is a bevy of snacks, soft drinks, and canned and packaged groceries (including a wide and fragrant selection of spices and dried chilis), along with a somewhat more modest range of fresh produce, meats, and cheeses (if you've got a taste for cecina or longaniza but would rather cook it yourself than eat out, this is practically your only Western New York option). Out front next to the parking lot, a trailer has been converted into a take-out taquería (open seasonally) serving food that's way more authentic than any you'll find in Rochester or Buffalo.
- 5 Zambistro, 408 Main St., ☏ .
- Fitzgibbons Public House, 429 Main St, ☏ . W Th noon-10PM, F Sa noon-11PM.
- Leonard Oakes Estate Winery, 10609 Ridge Rd. W Th noon-6PM, F Sa noon-8PM, Su noon-6PM. 3 two-ounce samples $6, glasses $5-8, bottles $12-25.
- Hart House Hotel, 113 W Center St, ☏ (accepts texts), email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM (4PM Lofts), check-out: 11AM (noon Lofts).
|Routes through Medina|
|Niagara Falls ← Middleport ←||W E||→ Albion → Rochester|
|END ← Lyndonville ←||N S||→ Batavia → Dansville|
|Tonawanda/North Tonawanda ← Middleport ←||W E||→ Albion → Rochester|