North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > New York (state) > Niagara Frontier > Orleans County (New York) > Medina (New York)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Medina Railroad Museum, 530 West Ave, ☏ . F-Su 10AM-5PM, closed major holidays. Housed in the former New York Central freight depot, there are a number of attractions within. There's the HO-scale model train layout, at 2800 square feet (260 square meters) one of the largest in the state. There are several museum exhibits and artifact collections on topics like local history, railroading, military equipment, and firefighting. And then there are the rail excursions to Lockport and back aboard the museum's rolling stock. These excursions happen on select weekends during the spring, summer, and fall and include a number of different themes. Popular themes include annual visits by Thomas the Tank Engine and The Polar Express, as well as fall foliage excursions. Adults $9, 60+ $8, 3-17 $7, under 2 free.
- Canal Heritage Day. Second Saturday in August.
- 1 Avanti's, 500 Main St, ☏ .
- 2 Baby Ribs, 701 Main St., ☏ .
- 3 Meggie Moo's, 114 E. Center St., ☏ . Daily 11AM-9PM. An old-fashioned ice cream parlor serving Perry's best flavors.
- 4 Monte Alban Tienda Mexicana, 507 E. Center St., ☏ . Daily 10AM-9PM. The community of Mexican immigrants in and around Medina — farmhands, mostly — is under-the-radar but sizable, and Monte Alban is where they come to stock up their kitchens. Imported from Mexico and elsewhere in Latin America is a bevy of snacks, soft drinks, and canned and packaged groceries (including a wide and fragrant selection of spices and dried chilis), along with a somewhat more modest range of fresh produce, meats, and cheeses (if you've got a taste for cecina or longaniza but would rather cook it yourself than eat out, this is practically your only Western New York option). Out front next to the parking lot, a trailer has been converted into a take-out taquería (open seasonally) serving food that's way more authentic than any you'll find in Rochester or Buffalo.
- 5 Zambistro, 408 Main St., ☏ .
|Routes through Medina|
|Niagara Falls ← Middleport ←||W E||→ Albion → Rochester|
|END ← Lyndonville ←||N S||→ Batavia → Dansville|
|Tonawanda/North Tonawanda ← Middleport ←||W E||→ Albion → Rochester|