Menindee is in the Central Darling Shire Local Government Area, whose main centre is Wilcannia.
Visitors information centre
- 1 Menindee Visitors Information Centre, 27 Yartla Street, ☏ . If the phone is not answered, call the Menindee Transaction Centre on +61 8 8091 4392
Menindee is around 1.25 hrs away from Broken Hill via Menindee Road. Please note that Broken Hill observes ACST and ACDT while Menindee like the rest of New South Wales follows AEST and AEDT. You may have an extra half an hour to spare or you might lose half an hour, depending on which direction you're going.
1 Menindee Train Station. is frequently served by the Western NSW 446 Central train service from Broken Hill and takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Car is a quick way to go around the town but the time spent sin't worth the time to turn on, and turn off the car quickly. You'd be better off walking unless you are going out of town.
Walking is also a great option and the quickest point from end to end is 3 km long. If you choose to walk in the summer months, it can get up to 60˚C. Drink sufficient water and always carry water with you.
- 1 Darling River Supermarket, 47 Yartla St, Menindee NSW 2879, ☏ .
- 1 Redsands Takeaway, 32 Menindee St, Menindee NSW 2879, ☏ .
- 1 Albermarle Hotel, 42 Menindee St, Menindee NSW 2879, ☏ .
- 2 Maidens Hotel, 2879/59 Yartla St, Menindee NSW 2879, ☏ .
- 1 Burke & Wills Menindee Motel, 54 Yartla St, Menindee NSW 2879, ☏ .
- 2 Menindee Bridge Caravan Park, Menindee St, Menindee NSW 2879, ☏ .
- 3 Menindee Lakes Caravan Park, Menindee Rd, Menindee NSW 2879, ☏ .
Telstra fully covers the area with either 3G or 4G. Other providers don't provide coverage in Menindee.