- 1 Merimbula Airport (MIM IATA) (situated 3 km from the town centre between the towns of Pambula and Merimbula). It is served by Regional Express Airlines daily from Melbourne and Sydney.
There is a cycleway that runs between Pambula and Merimbula that passes the entrance to the airport, so if you're not burdened with too much luggage, it's entirely possible to walk or cycle into town.
Premier Motor Services operates a twice daily coach between Sydney and Eden, that stops in Merimbula.
Merimbula can be accessed by Arthur Kaine Drive which is accessible from Pambula off the Princes Highway from Melbourne. A 6 hr drive from Melbourne and a 3 to 3.5 hr drive from Canberra. A 6 hour drive south of Sydney.
It may be possible to get by in Merimbula without a car. You can fly to the local airport, and get a taxi into town. The town itself is walkable, and trips to neighbouring areas are possible by bus on weekdays.
There is a local bus service in Merimbula with Sapphire Coast Bus Lines. The service is limited to a few services Monday to Friday.
There is a taxi service in town. You can call it on the national number - 131 008.
Merimbula has five main beaches including Main Beach (Merimbula Beach), Mitchies Jetty, Bar Beach, Spencer Park Beach, and Short Point.
- Merimbula Wharf
- Magic Mountain Theme Park
- Big Top Amusement Centre
- Boardwalk around Merimbula Lake
- Merimbula Aquarium with feeding at 11:30AM on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Headland Fishing Charters (Joe & Adele Gatt), 8 Seaview Ave (Off Princess Highway, turn right at McDonalds and 3rd turn on left.), ☏ . Fishing Charter. Very professional operation offering assistance for those who need. Fishing types: reef, game, shark and Kingfish. Dolphin and whale watching - seasonal September, October and November with sightings guaranteed in October, or money back.
- Sponge gardens at Yellow Rock
- Empire Gladstone wreck of near Haycock Point
- Potoroo Palace Native Animal Educational Sanctuary, 2372 Princes Hwy (9km north of town on the Princes Hwy), ☏ . 10-4. A wildlife park famous locally for its personal staff approach. Talks are intimate and you get to touch lots of different animals - including an echidna (you have to pat it the right way!) and a huge python. The park itself is quite relaxing with ponds, lunch areas and giant gameboards for the kids. There is a big stone cafe and a park "train". Koalas, dingoes, birds, emus wandering about, and the kangaroos really like being tickled on the chest. Tip: grab a bag of animal food on your way in. $17 adults, kids $10-12, family $47.50, group discounts.
- Santa Fe Restaurant, Upstairs Merimbula Plaza, Beach St., Merimbula. (Near the corner of Alice St. opposite Tourist Information Centre), ☏ . One of the most popular restaurants in the area specialising in Modern Mexican.
- Merimbula RSL has great food at cheap prices, recommend the seafood platter for two.
- Summerhill Motor Inn, 24 Merimbula Dr. $130 and up.
- Capri Apartments, 38-40 Main St (on Princes Hwy), ☏ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 9:30AM. 2 and 3 bedroom self contained apartments. The upstairs apartments (and some downstairs apartments) have water views of Merimbula Lake and the entrance to the Pacific Ocean. A/C, TV and DVD, wifi, laundry, stove, fridge/freezer, cutlery, pots, pans and other cooking accessories. Swimming pool, spa and BBQ area. Off street parking is available (can cater boats and trailers - check availability when booking). From $520/week.
- Southern Highlands
|Routes through Merimbula|
|Shoalhaven ← Bega ←||N S||→ Eden → South Coast|