Jump to navigation Jump to search
Messina is a province in Sicily, Italy and is the closest to the Italian mainland (as close as 3.25 km (2.02 mi) at some points).
- 1 Messina — busy city and link to the mainland
- 2 Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto
- 3 Castelmola
- 4 Giardini Naxos — Naxos was the first Greek colony in Sicily, now it is Giardini Naxos under the hill of Taormina
- 5 Milazzo — gateway to the Aeolian Islands
- 6 Novara di Sicilia — A beautiful medieval town near Mt. Etna is listed among "I Borghi pui Belli D'Italia" (The Most Beautiful Towns in Italy) and provides a convenient central point for day trips to visit the Aeolian Islands, Tindari, Taormina, Giardini Naxos and Mount Etna
- 7 Taormina — the main resort & tourist spot. Great Teatro Greco and views of Etna and the coast
- 8 Villafranca Tirrena
- 1 Aeolian Islands (Isole Eolie) — beautiful group of volcanic islands ( UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- 1 Parco fluviale dell'Alcantara. a nature park along the river Alcantara, at the south-east of the province. It is famous for Gole dell'Alcantara – a deep impressive gorge carved by the Alcantara river on the edge of Etna.
- 2 Parco dei Nebrodi. Explore the trails of the mountainous park.
Come to visit and to taste the real Sicily to "Le Giare"- we are in Itala (Messina). Cosy environment, great food, amazing people - a place worth to see and to stay :) http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Le-Giare-hotel-and-restaurant-in-Sicily/441867235861547