There are old ruins in Metaponto. But the main attraction is the 1-km stretch of perfect beach with white powdery sand.
- 1 Metapontum (Metapontium). ruins of ancient city
The beach can be crowded with Italians, but once you get into the water there is plenty of room. The water gets deep only after you get 30-50 m out and most Italians stay on the beach. You can rent parasols and beds, but there are many free strips.
- Le Sirene next to hotel Sacco at the center of the promenade. Great seafood and pizza.
- Pic-nic A long stretch at the northern road to the promenade. There are barbeques and small huts that sell pizza, panini, snacks etc.
The sheds on the beach sell beer and limocelli for El€2.
- Hotel Sacco. At the centerpiee of the promenade. Clean, with bathroom, French balcony, AC, fridge, safe. €70 (€50 low season) for a double with breakfast, +€20 for half-board. Checkout at 12:00, which give you time for a morning swim and a shower at the hotel.
- Hotel Kennedy, on the bus route 100 m before the beach.