Like many suburbs of Chicago in the 1800s and early 1900s, the area now known as Midlothian began with just a few local farmers who were surrounded by large and small endeavors alike. Once the industrial age began, however, the Midlothian community started to grow exponentially. By 1927, the Village of Midlothian was incorporated, and in 1949 a village hall was constructed at the intersection of 148th and Pulaski roads.
Midlothian is near the Tri-State Tollway. There is an off-ramp from the tollway at 147th Street, east of Midlothian Creek. Also, Cicero Avenue connects the community of Cicero and Chicago Midway International Airport with Midlothian.
There is a train station in Midlothian, which is near Midlothian Creek and 147th Street (Illinois Route 83).
Illinois Route 83 (147th Street) goes across the town from east to west. Pulaski Road and Cicero Street cross the town from north to south.
By public transport
There is a bus service near the center of Midlothian that travels along 147th Street.
See and do
- 1 Midlothian Country Club, 5000 147th St #1, ☏ .
- 2 Midlothian Meadows Park (Southeastern side of Midlothian Creek; multiple entrances to the park from Pulaski Road. To get to Pulaski Road go to the intersection of 147th and Pulaski Roads, and then head south on Pulaski Road as if you were heading to the Hog Wild. Soon after you pass the Hog Wild, make the first right, which should take you to a parking lot/staging area), ☏ .
- 1 BerryField Cafe, 4028 IL-83 (Intersection of Keystone Avenue and 147th Street, close to JP Flannery's), ☏ . Breakfast and lunch.
- 2 The Hog Wild, 14933 Pulaski Rd (Pulaski Road south of Midlothian Creek), ☏ . Su-M 10:30am-7:30pm, Tu-Sa 10:30am-8pm. Barbecue food.
- 3 Submarine Port, 14558 Pulaski Rd (Pulaski Road north of the Caliente Mexican Grill & Bar), ☏ . Sandwich shop.
- 1 JP Flannery's, 4025 147th Street (Intersection of 147th Street and Keystone Avenue), ☏ .
- 1 Aura Hotel, 14400 S Cicero Avenue (Intersection of Cicero Avenue and 114th Street), ☏ .
|Routes through Midlothian|
|Milwaukee ← Hinsdale ←||N S||→ Harvey → Gary|
|Joliet ← Oak Forest ←||SW NE||→ Blue Island → Chicago|