Mimizan is a village in Les Landes.
There is no airport in Mimizan, therefore you can arrive by the airport Bordeaux-Mérignac , which is at 120km of Mimizan or by the airport Biarritz-Pays Basque at 124km of Mimizan. After you can take the train until the SNCF train station of Labouheyre, which is at 27km of Mimizan, and arrive to in bus with the line 13.
Work up an appetite for the fantastic local food and burn off some calories..cycle! Cheap to rent (€14 a day), numerous local hire stores. Or, you could increase the carbon footprint and drive!
To get around Mimizan you can use the car or the bike, which is in rental; or use the Mimiz's Bus, which is a free Shuffle, it's convenient and economic.
Amazing forests gently dropping needles onto miles and miles of sand, lashed by Atlantic storms generating fantastic surf!
You can see many beautiful things in this city. There ar la promenade fleurie in a park, the beach of course, the history museum of priory and bell tower porch, the heritage house, the gascogne paper, the Aureilhan lake, l'église du Bourg or again the church: Saint-Martin.
Surf, cycle, walk and generally soak up the slower pace of life on the South West coast. Visit tucked away hamlets, eat the €10 formule menu, speak French and forget the strains of the 9-5.
What to do in Mimizan ? It is easy, you can surf your best wave, for it, there are many surf schools: l'école de surf la garluche, silver coast, Mimizan surf academy or Mimizan bodyboard academy. You can walk in discovery trail, have fun to the stelsia Casino, go to the equestrian center Marina to pass a good time with horses. You can fly in the air with skydiving with OJB Parachutisme or the flydream.
To have a memory of your holidays you can buy many jewels to les Fées Créations or to Dodie's. You can buy clothes to: Victime de la mode. For the fan of video game, you can go to Océans games.
- Lopez City, Avenue Maurice Martin, ☏ . Small restaurant near the beach. For lunch you can have pizzas and for dinner seafood and other dishes.
- [dead link] Bar Américain (BA), Rue Brémontier, ☏ . 22:00-05:00. Club where young people meet during the night. This club offers nice live music with video projection.
- Pili Pili, Avenue Maurice Martin, ☏ . 12:00-02:00. Music Bar located next to the beach. It often offers live music and DJ performances.
- Camping du Lac, Avenue de Woolsack (6 km from ocean.), ☏ . Check-out: 11:00. Nice campsite located next to the lac. The toilet and showers are simple but clean and always available. There is also a small bar restaurant open almost all the day. from €9.
- Camping de la Plage, Boulevard de l'Atlantique (800m from ocean), ☏ . Campsite located next to the beach. Due to its location, this campsite is often full. from €9.
Mimizan is situated in the South West of France, in the department of Landes, in the region Nouvelle Aquitaine. There are 7 137 inhabitants. There is a beach of 10 km, face to the Atlantic ocean: this beach is divide in two parts: south and north, which comport different beaches . At North, there are the remember beach, the Ailes's beach and the garluche's beach. at the south there are: the goëlands's beach, the mouettes's beach, the south beach and the lespecier's beach. In french beach in "plage".