Mimizan is a village in Les Landes.
Work up an appetite for the fantastic local food and burn off some calories..cycle! Cheap to rent (14€ a day), numerous local hire stores. Or, you could increase the carbon footprint and drive!
Amazing forests gently dropping needles onto miles and miles of sand, lashed by Atlantic storms generating fantastic surf!
Surf, cycle, walk and generally soak up the slower pace of life on the South West coast. Visit tucked away hamlets, eat the 10€ formule menu, speak French and forget the strains of the 9-5.
- Lopez City, Avenue Maurice Martin, ☏ . Small restaurant near the beach. For lunch you can have pizzas and for dinner seafood and other dishes.
- [formerly dead link] Bar Américain (BA), Rue Brémontier, ☏ . 22:00-05:00. Club where young people meet during the night. This club offers nice live music with video projection.
- Pili Pili, Avenue Maurice Martin, ☏ . 12:00-02:00. Music Bar located next to the beach. It often offers live music and DJ performances.
- Camping du Lac, Avenue de Woolsack (6 km from ocean.), ☏ . Check-out: 11:00. Nice campsite located next to the lac. The toilet and showers are simple but clean and always available. There is also a small bar restaurant open almost all the day. from 9€.
- Camping de la Plage, Boulevard de l'Atlantique (800m from ocean), ☏ . Campsite located next to the beach. Due to its location, this campsite is often full. from 9€.