The city of Mirandela (/miɾɐ̃ˈdɛlɐ/, meer-uhng-DEH-luh) has a population of about 15,000, and the municipality has 23,850 residents (2011).
- 1 Posto de Turismo de Mirandela (Visit Mirandela), Rua Dom Afonso III 1A, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 15 Jun–15 Sep: daily 10:00–16:00; 16 Sep–14 Jun: M–F 10:00–16:00, Sa 10:00–13:00, closed Su.
The main motorway is the A4 (Autoestrada Transmontana or Autoestrada de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro), which also carries the designation IP4 and the European route number E82. Porto is less than 2 hrs away. A4 also connects from Bragança and Zamora (Spain).
- 1 Central de Camionagem (Bus Station), R. Dom Afonso III 278. Bus service is provided by Rodonorte, Grupo Santos, Rede Expressos, and Autoviação do Tâmega (AVT).
- 1 Castelo de Mirandela (Mirandela Castle). Medieval castle dating back to 1198.
The city is known for its Alheira de Mirandela sausage, one of Portugal's "seven wonders of gastronomy".
- 1 A Adega Restaurante, Avenida 25 de Abril 866, ☏ . Tu–Sa 12:00–15:00 & 19:00–23:00, Su 12:00–15:00, closed M. Mid-range.
- 1 Grande Hotel Don Dinis, Avenida Nossa Senhora do Amparo, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Three-star, 130-room hotel with room service, pool, restaurant, free parking, and free Wi-Fi. €49-64.