Mithi is the capital city of Tharparkar district in southwestern Sindh, in a beautiful, large, arid region of Thar Desert.
Mithi is the capital city of Tharparkar district, where there is only fertile desert in the world exists and consists of barren tract of the sand dunes covered with thorny bushes. The ridges are irregular and roughly paralleled that thy often closed shattered valleys which they raise to a height to some 46 meters.
Mithi can be reached easily both via Badin and Mirpur Khas by car as well by buses. Buses and mini buses, both non air-conditoned and air-conditoned are easily available for Mithi from Mirpur Khas, Badin as well from other major cities of Sindh throughout the day time. A ticket on comfortable air-conditioned bus from Taj complex in Karachi cost about Rs 600 and journey may take about 6 hours.
Mithi is some 150 km in distance from Mirpur Khas on Mirpur Khas - Digri Rd which later merges with Naukot-Mithi Rd. A bus ride may take some 3 hours and cost Rs 250 in non-airconditioned mini bus from Mirpur Khas to Mithi. From Islamkot, bus ride take an hour and charge Rs 100 in non-airconditioned mini bus.
One can go to different parts of Mithi by self driven cars, private taxis which are in the form of 4x4 jeeps, as well shared motorcycle type rickshaws. Within Mithi, rickshaws provide cheap and quick transportation for going from one place to another as well are perfectly fine for town tour. 4x4 jeeps taxis are generally private cars and can be easily hailed from the taxi stands and are most comfortable, luxurious way to navigate around the town of Mithi.
- Gadi Bhit. is by far the only attraction in town thus is most visited and popular site of the town. It is the highest elevation point of the town built on a sandhill and gives a breathtaking panoramic view of the Mithi town.
The Shahi bazaar of Mithi is a mile long alleyway houses plenty of shop. The bazaar is the only marketplace of Mithi and can be good place to hunt down the Sindhi handicraft and souvenirs as well surely gives a good example of a traditional bazaars and worth to take a stroll.
- Muslim Taj Restaurant, Kashmir Chowk (near Old Bus Stop), ☏ , , . A basic restaurant in town but have some good food.
- Diamond Restaurant, Kashmir Chowk (near Old Bus Stop), ☏ , . A good restaurant in town in the centre of town popular both among locals as well visitors, serve some good Pakistani food especially Karahi dish.
- Diamond Hotel, Kashmir Chowk (near Old Bus Stop). Both Air-conditioned and non air-conditioned rooms available with cable TV and attach baths. A basic lodging, located in the centre of town. Rs 1,800 double air-conditioned.
- Desert Rest and Guest House, ☏ , , . Provides a big lodging facility in town. Have 10 rooms, all air-conditioned except 2 in the guest house located in the centre of town all equip with cable TV, attach bath, free Wifi as well generator. The same hotel have a guest house located on top of the hill of Gadi Bhit, also in Mithi town with total 4 air-conditioned rooms , all equip with cable TV, attach bath, free Wifi as well generator. Must book in advance or check the availability on date you want to move in. Both of the lodgings have onsite kitchen for serving the guests and may cook food according to your requirement. Rs 2,000 (double air-conditioned).
- Muslim Taj Hotel (near Kashmir Chowk), ☏ , , , . A basic lodging, located in the centre of town. Both Air-conditioned and non air-conditioned rooms, total 7, available with cable TV and attach baths. Rs 600 (double) and Rs 1,500 (double air-conditioned).
- Marvi Guest House, ☏ , (Chetan Lal). Centrally air conditioned, run by Sindh Tourism Development Corporation however have only two rooms but good one in town. Cable Tv, attach baths, Air-conditioned, Wifi, as well kitchen and dinging area for serving the guests and may cook food according to your requirement. A foreigner friendly lodging facility in town. Have open sitting area outside in lawns as well a large parking area. Huts in guest house are made like traditional Thari houses. Recommended to book in advance or check the availability on date you want to move in.