Outremont, once its own town, was incorporated into Montreal in 2002. Located five minutes from downtown, it is a predominately residential area, home to well-known Québec artists and celebrities and to Montreal's Hasidic Jewish community. Outremont offers shopping and dining along popular avenue Bernard and rue Laurier ouest.
The Outremont metro stop is on the Blue Line.
The 80 Parc runs through the Plateau up to Outremont. Get off at Bernard or Van Horne. The 161 Van Horne runs along Van Horne from the Rosemont metro, on the Orange Line. The 129 Cote Ste-Catherine runs from metro Place Des Arts, crossing Outremont from south to west, and passes near Université de Montréal, H.E.C. Montréal and Brébeuf College and heads farther to metro Côte Sainte-Catherine.
- Outremont Soldiers Monument.
- Beaubien Monument, 461 chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine. Located in Parc Beaubien.
- Maison Joseph-Apolda Durocher
- Joseph Lamoureux House
- Maison Jane Lucretia Smith
- Chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine
- 1 Outremont Theater, 1248 avenue Bernard Ouest.
- Outremont Park.
- Saint-Viateur Park.
- Joyce Park.
- Beaubien Park.
- Vimy Park.
- John F. Kennedy Park and Pool.
- Mont-Royal Park.
The shopping is concentrated along Bernard, Laurier ouest, and (scattered) along Van Horne. In the summer, eating an ice cream at Le Bilboquet, located at the corner of Bernard and Outremont, is a must.
- Café Souvenir, 1261 avenue Bernard, ☏ . F Sa 24 hours during the summer; Su-Th 07:00-00:00. 24 hour cafe with basic eats.
- 1 Le Glacier Bilboquet, 1311 rue Bernard ouest, ☏ . Ben and Jerry's-style ice cream - sweet, with chunky bits. Delicious sorbets too. A very popular place in the summer, it is not unusual to see lengthy queues outside the shop.
- 2 Mamie Clafoutis, 1291 avenue Van Horne, ☏ . Popular bakery known for their baguettes.
- Bruno Bistro, 108 Laurier Street West, ☏ . Friendly neighbourhood French bistro. Daily 11:30-14:30, 17:30-22:30.
Accommodations are skimpy at best in this residential area.
- Breakfast à Montreal, 679 avenue Querbes, ☏ . Two simple rooms in an apartment. Organic continental breakfast. $55 single/$85 double.
- Cite Chic Couette, 64 avenue Nelson, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Three rooms in a 1908 building furnished with antiques. Private garden. Continental breakfast. $90-150.
|Routes through Outremont|
|END ← Côte-des-Neiges ←||W E||→ La Petite-Patrie → François-Perrault|