Morgan Hill is a city in Santa Clara County, California, at the southern tip of Silicon Valley, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Morgan Hill is primarily an affluent residential community for Silicon Valley, as well as the seat for several high-tech companies. Morgan Hill is a prominent dining, entertainment, and recreational destination in Silicon Valley, owing to its Michelin-star chefs, luxury hospitality, nature parks, wineries, and the numerous noteworthy events the city hosts, such as the Tour of California (the only cycling World Tour in the USA en par with the Tour de France). According to Forbes, Morgan Hill is one of the most expensive places to live in the United States. Business Insider ranked Morgan Hill as the 17th most expensive housing market in the United States, owing to its concentration of wealth and restrictive growth policies.
Morgan Hill sits astride US 101, a major north-south highway that spans the Pacific coast from San Diego to Seattle. Commercial air service is via Mineta San Jose International Airport, approximately 20 miles to the north. Morgan Hill also is connected to San Jose and San Francisco by Caltrain service, but only during peak commute hours. Time Table
Santa Clara Valley bus service schedule.
- Henry Coe State Park. Is the largest state park in northern California. It is open year-round for hikers, mountain bikers, backpackers, equestrians, car campers, picnickers, and photographers.
- Anderson Lake County Park, 19245 Malaguerra Ave, ☎ . Park office:. It is great for hiking, running, biking, and skating on paved trails. The lake is open for boating and fishing. Jet-ski's and float tubes are permitted.
Wineries & Vineyards
- Guglielmo Winery, 1480 E Main Ave (across from Live Oak HS), ☎ .
- Morgan Hill Cellars, 1645 San Pedro Winery, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Sycamore Creek Winery. Located west of Morgan Hill on Sycamore Rd.
- Kirigins Winery. Located west of Morgan Hill on Uvas Rd.
- EmmaLily Vineyards, 2105 Dahlberg Drive, Morgan Hill, CA 95037, ☎ .
- Seeker Vineyard, 11755 Turlock Ave, San Martin, CA 95046, toll-free: .
- Cinelux theaters (Off of Tennant Street, between Monterey and 101).
Shopping areas include downtown and the Cochrane area.
- Aoi Japanese Restaurant, 35 East Main Ave, ☎ . Authentic Japanese food and the service is even true Japanese style.
- Betsy's Restaurant & Lounge, 650 Tennant Station (in the bowling alley), ☎ . Great food and some of the best prime rib served on weekends.
- China Orchid, 16715 Monterey St, ☎ . Chinese food.
- China Star, 233 West Main Av, ☎ . Chinese food. good food and nice atmosphere.
- La Choza Taqueria, 17865 Monterey St #F (corner of Wright St), ☎ . Mexican food.
- The Capri, 18625 Monterey St, ☎ . Used to be a hot spot in the 50s as a restaurant, place to dance, and a bar. The Capri was closed and has been the host to many different restaurants. Later it was turned into a Mexican restaurant called "El Capri". After El Capri closed a single taco cart going by the same name sat outside the vacant building until they moved to San Martin (just south of Morgan Hill on Monterey Rd.). Now the building that once was a hot spot in the 50s where people went to dance, drink and eat(such as my grandparents), it sits vacant. This historic landmark is certainly an eye catcher and is sad to see it not being used.
- El Toro Brewery (corner of Main and Monterey).
- Flying Dragon, 17340 Monterey St, ☎ . Chinese food.
- Golden China, 16925 Monterey St, ☎ . Chinese food. Also includes free eggroll. Cheap.
- Golden Oak, 16695 Condit Rd, ☎ . Upscale American cuisine.
- Aoi, 35 East Main Av, ☎ . Excellent Japanese food.
- Izakaya, 17415 Monterey St, ☎ . Japanese.
- Just Breakfast, 17415 Monterey St, ☎ . Long established diner downtown. Breakfast is specialty but other foods are served.
- Maurizio's, 25 E. First St, ☎ . Italian cuisine & seafood.
- Moon's Kitchen, 16985 Monterey St, ☎ . Asian cuisine.
- Peking, 92 E 2nd St, ☎ . Chinese cuisine.
- Pink Elephant Bakery #2, 16925 Monterey St, ☎ . Bakery specializing in Mexican baked goods.
- Rosy's at the Beach, 17320 Monterey St, ☎ . California cuisine; seafood.
- Sinaloa Cafe, 17535 Monterey Highway, ☎ . Mexican cuisine.
- Taqueria El Grullense, 16760 Monterey St, ☎ . Mexican food.
- Mr. Falafel, 17455 Monterey St (Downtown Morgan Hill), ☎ . 11AM-10PM. Mediterranean and Vegetarian food prepared to order. Sharwma, Kefta Kabob, Hummus, Baba Ganoush and tabbouleh salads.
- Boxseat Sports Grill, 15650 Vineyard Blvd, Suite F, ☎ .
- El Toro Brewing Co, 17370 Hill Rd, ☎ . Moved to Main and Monterey in 2007.
- Comfort Inn, 16225 Condit Rd, toll-free: .
- Courtyard San Jose South/Morgan Hill, 18610 Madrone Parkway, ☎ , fax: .
- Extended Stay America, 605 Jarvis Dr, ☎ .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 17035 Condit Rd, ☎ .
- Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill, 18620 Madrone Parkway, ☎ , fax: .
- San Jose/Morgan Hill Microtel Inn & Suites, 16245 Condit Rd, ☎ , fax: .
- Ramada Morgan Hill, 16115 Condit Rd.
Be careful to check for ticks after hiking in fields in the bay area. There is a high rate of lyme disease transmission in the Bay Area. If a bulls' eye rash develops at the tick bite site, immediately seek medical help and treatment with antibiotics.
|Routes through Morgan Hill|
|San Jose ←||N S||→ Gilroy|
- Morgan Hill Times - Gourmet Greatness
- City of Morgan Hill - Tour of California
- Silicon Valley Business Journal - Frank Léal's Boutique Downtown Morgan Hill Hotel is Ready to Go
- Silicon Valley Business Journal - Defining the Balanced Lifestyle in Silicon Valley
- Silicon Valley Business Journal - Morgan Hill Businesses Team Up to Lure SV Staycation Crowds
- Forbes - Most Expensive Zip Codes, Santa Clara County 2006
- Forbes - Most Expensive Zip Codes 2010
- Business Insider - Most Expensive Housing Markets 2014
- Template:Cite news