Mungyeong is a city of 77,000 people (2011) in North Gyeongsang.
The Mungyeong economy during much of the 20th century was based on coal mining. However, these mines were closed in the 1980s, and since then the municipal government has focused on developing tourism, agriculture and light industry in the region.
- Daeyasan Mountain Natural Recreation Forest
- Mungyeongsaejae Provincial Park
- Mungyeongsaejae Open Set
- Mungyeong Spa, 24, Oncheon 2-gil, Mungyeong-eup, ☏ . A huge hot spring complex that can accommodate up to 2,5000 people at one time. ₩7,000.
- 1 Mungyeong Astronomy Observatory, 80 Hwalgongjang-gil, Mungyeong-eup, ☏ .
- Mungyeong Flying Land
- Patriot Park Yeol Memorial Hall, 44 Saemgol-gil, Maseong-myeon. +82 54-572-3396. The size of memorial hall takes you by surprise. It contains detailed and interesting information about Korea's independence activists.
- Buljeong Recreational Forest
- Mungyeong Saejae Four Season Sledding Slope
- Mungyeong Eco Rala & Coal Museum, 432-5 Wangneung-ri, Gaeun-eup, ☏ . A museum with a nostalgic theme, dedicated to the mine works who once worked in the area.
- Mungyeong Eco Museum, 45 Saejae 1(il)-gil, ☏ . Daily 09:00-18:00. An interactive museum that children will enjoy. Be sure to watch the movie in the 4D theater.
- Mungyeong Youth Training Center
- Mungyeong Tourist Shooting Range
- Mungyeong Leisure Town
- Mungyeong Rail Bicycle
- Mungyeong Saejae Gungmin Yeoga Camping Site