Murfreesboro is a city in Tennessee.
From the Airport - Follow the signs to Interstate 24 East then follow the directions from Nashville below.
From Nashville (Interstate 24 East) - Take Exit 76 and turn left onto Medical Center Parkway. Turn left onto Thompson Lane. Turn left at the park entrance at 1563 N. Thompson Lane. Follow the tour road to the visitor center.
From Chattanooga (Interstate 24 West) - Take Exit 76 and turn right onto Medical Center Parkway. Turn left onto Thompson Lane. Turn left at the park entrance at 1563 N. Thompson Lane. Follow the tour road to the visitor center.
From Knoxville (Interstate 40) - Take Exit 235 onto TN 840. Take Exit 55 onto US 41/TN 70 and follow the signs for Murfreesboro. Turn right onto Thompson Lane at the first traffic light. Turn right at the park entrance at 1563 N. Thompson Lane. Follow the tour road to the visitor center.
- The town square and old courthouse, which is only one of six pre-civil war government buildings still in use.
- Cannonsburgh Village, 312 S. Front Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37129, ☎ . Historic Cannonsburgh Village represents approximately 100 years of early Tennessee life from the 1830s to the 1930s. Within the village is a gristmill, school house, telephone operator's house, the University House, the Leeman House, a museum, a caboose, the Wedding Chapel, a doctor's office, a general store, a blacksmith's shop, a well, and other points of pioneering interest.
Self-guided tours are free, and guided tours are available for a small fee. The Visitor Center has a variety of items for sale including post cards, t-shirts, snacks, drinks, and souvenirs. Free.
- 1 Stones River National Battlefield, 1563 North Thompson Lane, ☎ . Sunrise–sunset, open to vehicles 8AM–5PM.
- Uncle Dave Macon Days
- Stones River National Battlefield
- Stones River Mall. I-24 East exit 78b.
- The Chop House, 541 North Thompson Lane, ☎ . A Murfreesboro favorite for great steaks and chops in a warm, friendly environment.
- Donut Country, 1311 Memorial Blvd. Murfreesboro, TN, ☎ . A mom and pop doughnut restaurant open 24 hours.
- Gentlemen Jim's (also known as redneck Jim's)on East Main Street where you can drink an Eight Liquor Ass Kicker
- The Slick Pig, 1920 E. Main St (From Nashville exit onto exit 81 towards murfreesboro, not shelbyville. Go straight until you hit the town square. Enter the square, go Around the roundabout until u get to E. Main St. Go down E. Main until you hit the slick pig on your right), ☎ . An old time bbq restaurant with excellent food for those who like meat. Right down the road is Clean/Redneck Jim's, so eat BBQ then get tanked on the aforementioned Ass Kicker or $3 pitchers.
- Ramada Limited, 1855 S. Church St, ☎ .
- Vista Inn Suites, 118 Westgate Blvd, ☎ .
- Select Inn, 2424 S. Church St., ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
Most telephone numbers in Murfreesboro consist of +1 615 plus a seven-digit number, but the region is now served by an overlay complex of two area codes, with +1 629 being the second. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call).
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 615 before these if no area code is indicated.
|Routes through Murfreesboro|
|Nashville ← Antioch ←||W E||→ Manchester → Chattanooga|
|Hopkinsville ← Nashville ←||N S||→ Manchester → Chattanooga|
|Bowling Green ← Lebanon ←||N S||→ Fayetteville → Huntsville|