The walkable main street offers a number of wine-tasting rooms, restaurants, and tourist-friendly shops while providing an "old-timey" feel that hearkens back to the Gold Rush days.
There are three golf courses, tennis, fishing, hiking, gold panning expeditions, white water rafting, shopping, winter skiing at Bear Valley plus summer water skiing on New Melones Lake.
- 1 Firewood, 420 Main St, ☏ . 11AM-9PM. Pizza, tacos, burritos, hamburgers, ribs. Under $10.
- 2 Murphys Grille, 380 Main Street #1, ☏ , fax: . Casual fine dining. $11-30.
- 3 Murphys Historic Hotel Restaurant, 457 Main St, ☏ . $15-40.
- 4 Murphys Pizza Co., 178 Big Trees Rd, ☏ . Su-Th 7AM-3PM and 5PM-9PM; F-Sa 7AM-3PM and 5PM-10PM.
Murphys is becoming a rival to some Napa Valley towns for vineyards and wineries, with 11 award winning wineries.
- 1 Bodega Del Sur Winery, 457 S Algiers St., ☏ . Tasting Room for fine wines. One of the award winning wineries in the area
- 2 Tanner Vineyards & Wines, 435 Main Street, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tasting Room and Wine Patio where wine & food pairing go hand in hand, often with live music. Active, very popular wine-centric events. Known for their estate grown Cabernet Sauvignon and Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Petite Sirah, Syrah, Mourvedre, Barbera and a signature red blend Mélange de Mere. Discover a new white with their Vermentino Viognier blend.
- Dunbar House, 271 Jones St, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Luxurious bed and breakfast in a historic 1880s home. $199-275.
- Gold Country Inn, 720 South Main St, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Pets allowed. $50-175.
- 1 Murphys Historic Hotel, 457 Main St, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Opened in 1856, this hotel has hosted guests including President Ulysses S. Grant and Mark Twain. Today the historic hotel offers a saloon, restaurant, and nine hotel rooms with shared bathrooms including the Grant suite, which is available for non-guests to visit. There are also twenty modern rooms in separate buildings that include in-room bathrooms and most amenities that today's travelers expect. Guests in the historic hotel should be on the lookout for the establishment's friendly ghost "Eleanor". Parking is available on-site for guests. $95-$189 for a standard room (prices increase on weekends and in the summer).
- The Victoria Inn, ☏ . An elegant inn that also has a restaurant, bar, and offers weekly rentals.
|Routes through Murphys|
|Stockton ← Angels Camp ←||W E||→ Arnold → Markleeville|