Murwillumbah is about a 132km drive from Brisbane CBD. From Brisbane, use the M1 south, past the NSW border, and take the exit at Tweed Valley Way (Tourist Drive 40) and continue for 20km until Murwillumbah. While the motorway is good quality, Tourist Drive 40 is quite winding as it climbs the Great Dividing Range.
Murwillumbah also has an airport, but scheduled with very few flights, mostly charter.
- World Heritage Rainforest Centre (Murwillumbah Visitor Information Centre), Cnr Tweed Valley Way & Alma St, Murwillumbah, ☏ . Features a theatrette and rainforest interpretive centre. Maps, posters and souvenirs. Accommodation, tour and cruise booking service. Open 7 days. http://www.tweedtourism.com.au
- Visit Mount Warning National Park and climb to the summit.
- Murwillumbah YHA - Riverside Backpackers, 1 Tumbulgum Rd, ☏ . Murwillumbah. The hostel is a colourful 90-year-old Sea Captain's home converted to a comfy backpackers hostel. Laze by the river or relax in the deck chairs on the hostel verandah. Hostel accommodation in twin/double and shared rooms. Free ice cream for hostel guests at 9pm each night.
- Hillcrest Mountain View Retreat - Upper Crystal Creek Road, Crystal Creek via Murwillumbah, Tweed Valley, Northern NSW 2484, Australia. Phone +61 2 6679 1023 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Just 12 minutes from the centre of town. Has 2 Bed and Breakfast suites and a self contained cottage. Winner of a NSW State Tourism Award. http://hillcrestbb.com/
- Poinciana Motel, 453 Tweed Valley Way, ☏ . Around 1km south of the round about.