Mustvee is a village in East Estonia.
Mustvee is nice and relaxed fishing village with a hostel, beach and small port.
Mustvee is almost halfway from Tartu to Narva. Hence, it is good for a stop or overnight stay. Also, many bus routes go through Mustvee, connecting the former two cities as well as Rakvere, and anything in between.
You can easily cover everything on foot.
- 1 Holy Trinity Unitarian Church. open Wednesday & Sunday.
- Go swim in the lake connecting Estonia with Russia
- BBQ at the beach
- 1 Mustvee Rannakohvik, Pihkva 2 (right next to the public beach), ☏ . Su-Mo 11:00-21:00, Fr-Sa 11:00-00:00. There are not many options in town. This one is decent and affordable. Cake €1, meal €2.50, soft drinks are a little overpriced.
- 1 Kalamesteemaja, Narva 9C, Mustvee (northern Mustvee along Narva Road), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. There are ten rooms available in the ho(s)tel; rooms for two, three or four people. The building is right next to the lake about 800 m from the town centre. It offers fishing, water sports and sauna. €40/54/67 double/triple/quadruple.
- Tartu – 85 km northeast from Valga. Museum-rich and hanseatic city on the banks of the Emajõgi River. Also, Estonia's second-largest and oldest city, intellectual hub famous for its universities, and a lively student city.
- Narva – Estonia's eastern-most and third largest city, on the Narva River, which is the border with Russia. Famous for the Hermann castle, right opposite of the Ivangorod's castle, and the Kreenholm factories. Even though it might seem grey and dull.
- Kuremäe – Contains the famous Pukhitsa convent/nunnery, the only Orthodox monastery in the whole of Estonia.
- Rakvere – An attractive city in the north, famous for its Punk and Rock festivals and spirit.