There are local buses from Sparta, right in front of the Archaeological Museum (€1.60). Ask the Tourism information there about timetables, specifically about the last return bus. These buses are infrequent, so make sure to know all the relevant information.
The 1 terminal bus stop is at a restaurant's parking lot, 10 minutes on foot downhill from the ticket office.
By car, the ruins are about 7 km (4.3 mi) west of Sparta, along the EO84 national road.
The ruins are along a steep slope with many stone stairs in poor condition. Make sure to wear appropriate footwear and watch your step. Expect to climb about 250 m (820 ft) to visit everything.
The ticket to visit all the sites is €12 (regular price). Half-price tickets available for the usual conditions.
- 1 Mitropolis (Cathedral of Agios Dimitrios).
- 2 Archaeological Museum of Mystras.
- 3 Church Odiyitria-Aphentiko.
- 4 Convent of Pantanassa.
- 5 Monastery of Perivleptos.
- 1 Castle View Camping, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Paleologio Camping, ☏ , (Mobile).
- 3 Byzantion Hotel, ☏ . 3-star hotel
- 4 Mazaraki Guesthouse, Pikoulianika village, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.