Russia designated the city a "free economic zone," a variation on China's very successful Special Economic Zones, which could attract large-scale foreign investment. It is location of the port Vostochniy, the largest port in Russian Far East, and an oil-terminal for Sakhalin projects.
Direct trains come from Khabarovsk every other day in cold season. In hot season they arrive daily. Don't be confused if the destination in your ticket would be read as 'Tikho'okeanskaya' (Тихоокеанская) because it's the main railway station. The station 'Nakhodka' is up north and serves commuter purposes mostly.
Elektrichkas bound for Vladivostok and Partizansk depart 3 times a day: in the morning, at midday and in the evening.
From the airport "Knevichi" at the town Artyom north of Vladivostok one can order a taxi for 2000-2500 руб per trip that takes 3 hours.
Public buses leave Artom's bus stop at the right hand of the airport square.
Bus station is in the city's center near the railway station Barkhatnaya (Бархатная).
Taking a bus to the capital Vladivostok is possible every 40 min and the time of travel lasts 4 hours. Bus #601 (Nakhodka-Ussuriysk) with a stop in Artyom goes three times a day.
The city spreads along the harbor for more than 40 km. The central street is Nakhodkinsky Prospekt that goes along the shoreline.
Common public transport in Nakhodka is taxi and public buses. Taxi usually charge for a period of time: 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour (200 руб).
- 1 Nakhodka EXPO Center (Находка Музейно-Выставочный центр), 6, Vladivostokskaya St, ☏ . The museum has two exhibition rooms, a children's museum, a "museum on rollers", an art salon, and a music hall.
- 'Art stil' salon (АРТ-СТИЛЬ), 16, Malinovskogo st, ☏ . Art.
- Dolina Lubvi (Долина любви), 51, Nakhodkinskiy Prospekt, ☏ . Night club.
- Chamelion (Хамелеон), 2a, Sportivnaya St, ☏ . Night club.
- Imperia (Империя), 22, Leninskaya st, ☏ . Night club.
Nakhodka is amongst the most frequented cities in Russian Far East and there is over 40 hotels and more is under construction. You can pick a hotel in the city or get out to rest at the numerous bases along the sea.
- Xuan Yuan Hotel (Сюань Юань), 32, Malinovskogo St (At the 'Chinese Wall' close to the bus station), ☏ . A hotel in Chinese-style.
- Pyramid Hotel (Пирамид-Отель), 2, Vladivostokskaya St (Close to museum), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-out: 12:00. US$70-154.
- Hotel Gorizont (Горизонт), 1, Sportivnaya St, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The most luxurious hotel in the city.
- Hotel Rent (Рент), 27, Pogranichnaya St, ☏ , fax: .
- Hotel Nadezhda (Надежда), 3, Administrativny gorodok, ☏ .
- Bumerang Hotel (Бумеранг), 44a, Nakhodkinsky Prospekt, ☏ .
- Lisiy Island.
- Brother and Sister Hills.