Natitingou is a town in Northern Benin.
Natitingou is about 50 km from the Pendjari National Park where tourists can see West African wildlife during the months from December to June.
The falls of Tanougou and the great mud castles of the Betammaribe known as the Tata Somba are an hour or two from the town by car.
There are buses from Djougou which is 78 km away on RNIE3.
Natitingou is 586 km from Cotonou.
- Chez Nana. French and Algerian specialties Jountchirantikou – Maison “Volvo” Tel: 23.01.25.11
- La Breche Bar and Restaurant. Directions: All Zemidjans (motorcycle taxis) know La Breche. La Breche is beautifully placed on the top of one of the hills that overlooks the whole valley in which Natitingou sits. They also have a tata somba (traditional 2-story mud fortress built and used by the Ditamaari, a local tribe in this region.) where you can sit on the top story and eat and drink. Service is usually less than reliable, but the food is excellent and the view is amazing. Grilled Steak with couscous or spaghetti 4,000 f CFA per person (this is a lot of food and it's well presented). Rabbit and a side 1,300 f CFA. Brochettes 500 f CFA. All sides (couscous, fries, spaghetti) 1,000 f CFA. Full line of beers and soft drinks in large and small, as well as sodabe, the local hard liquor from the south of Benin, and the local millet beer, called tchouk.
- Quartier Generale Bar and Restaurant . Directions: If you are on the Goudrone (main road) going north, after you pass the big round point and the post, you will see a sign for the museum (musee) on the right. If you turn left instead, you will see the beer signs on the fence in front of it. This bar may lack aesthetics, but the service is amazing and it’s located in the very center of town, right down the street from Hotel Tata Somba. This is also a good place to stop if you want to watch Beninese television. The food may take a while, but the family who runs this bar is always more than willing to make your wait as pleasant as possible. Omelette sandwich 500 f CFA. Chicken and a side 1,500 f CFA. Guinea Fowl and a side 1,500 f CFA. Sides (couscous or fries) 1,000 f CFA. A full line of beers and soft drinks is available.
- Select This dance club is definitely not at all lacking in aesthetics, but on most days it does lack clients. If you happen to have scheduled your visit at the same time of some local festivities though, then this place will probably be packed. Weekends seem to occasionally attract moderate crowds. This club is available to be rented out as well, though the price is negotiable. Plush couches, mirrored walls, disco lights and a real dance floor all make this club feel like it belongs in Europe. Entry 1.500 f CFA. Drinks are usually double the price of an average bar.
- Hotel Bourgogne, (229) 23 82 22 40 B.P. 130 Natitingou. Non air-conditioned Single 10,500 f CFA, Double 13,500 f CFA. Air-conditioned Single 15,500 f CFA, Double 18,500 f CFA. Air-conditioned with hot water Single 25,500 f CFA, Double 22,500 f CFA. Continental Breakfast 2.500 f CFA. Lunch or Dinner 5.500 f CFA, African and European specialties are available
- Hotel Bellevue, (229) 23 82 13 36 B.P. 85 Natitingou. Air-conditioned and hot water rooms Single 14,000 f CFA, Double 15,000 f CFA. TV and Air-conditioning rooms Single 12,000 f CFA, Double 14,000 f CFA. Non-air conditioned rooms Single 8,000 f CFA, Double 9,000 f CFA. Extra beds 2,500 f CFA. Continental breakfast 1,500 f CFA. American breakfast 2,500 f CFA. Daily menu meal: 5,000 f CFA. Plate of the Day: 2,500 f CFA. African, European, and Asian specialties available
- Hotel Tata Somba, ☏ , , , fax: . This hotel has the only pool in Natitingou, and it’s lovely. You can also make reservations for the hotels in and around the Park de Pendjari. This includes Hotel de la Pendjari (in the center of the park), Hotel Porga (on the Burkina Faso border next to the park) and Relais de Tanongou (Hotel next to the beautiful waterfalls of Tanongou). Read details for each hotel below. Air conditioned room with TV 26,000 f CFA, with breakfast 30,000 f CFA, plus 1,000 f CFA tax per person per night. Breakfast 4,000 f CFA; 3-course lunch or dinner 7,000 f CFA..
- Hotel Campement de la Pendjari. Reservations can be made at Hotel Tata Somba in Natitingou. The information below is for Hotel Tata Somba Address: B.P. 04 Natitingou, Telephone: +(229) 23 82 11 24 or +(229) 23 82 20 99 or +(229) 23 82 22 00. To get to this hotel you must pay the park entry fee of 10,000 f CFA, and the hotel is in the middle of the park. Also, this hotel is only open from late October to mid May. Air-conditioned room 28,000 f CFA. Non air-conditioned room 20,000 f CFA. Bungalow 18.000 f CFA. Extra bed 3,000 f CFA. Breakfast 2,500 f CFA. Lunch or dinner 6,000 f CFA.
- Hotel Campement de Porga, (229) 23 82 20 39 Reservations can also be made at Hotel Tata Somba in Natitingou, Benin: Hotel Tata Somba Address: B.P. 04; Natitingou, Benin; Afrique de l’Ouest (West Africa)
Telephone: +(229) 23 82 11 24 or +(229) 23 82 20 99 or +(229) 23 82 22 00. Air conditioned room 22,000 f CFA. Non air-conditioned room 15,000 f CFA. Extra bed 3,000 f CFA. Breakfast 2,500 f CFA. Lunch or dinner 6,000 f CFA
- Campement Relais de Tanongou. Reservations can be made at Hotel Tata Somba in Natitingou. The information below is for Hotel Tata Somba Address: B.P. 04; Natitingou. Telephone: +(229) 23 82 11 24 or +(229) 23 82 20 99 or +(229) 23 82 22 00. Bungalow 9,000 f CFA. Extra bed 2,000 f CFA. Lunch or dinner 6,000 f CFA