Natore is a city and a district of Rajshahi Division in Bangladesh.
You can land Rajshahi airport, then travel by bus for 45 minutes to reach Natore. 1 Shah Makhdum Airport is the primary airport of Rajshahi city. United Airlines has flights from Dhaka on Thursdays and Sundays, and flights from Saidpur. But the schedule changes frequently, and sometimes the airport has no services at all. after reaching Rajshahi avabile buses are found in Vodra and Talaimari Mor (BRTC bus counter).
It takes approximately 5 hours by road to reach Natore from the capital, Dhaka. A number of bus services are available from Dhaka via Natore, some with air-conditioning. Bus services to other major districts are also available from the bus terminal.
Some bus services for Dhaka to Natore are:
There are a number of luxurious intercity services between Dhaka and Natore each day. The main ones are the Padma Express, the Silk City Express and the Dhumketue Express.
- Silk City Express - Dhaka to Rajshahi at 14:40 and from Natore to Dhaka at 08:15.
- Padma Express - Dhaka to Rajshahi at 22:45 and from Natore to Dhaka at 17:00.
- Dhumketue Express - departs Dhaka at 06:00, reaching Rajshahi at 12:00, and departs Rajshahi at 23:20, reaching Dhaka at 04:50.
The Silk City Express does not operate Sundays, the Padma Express has no service on Tuesdays, and the Dhumketue Express does not run Mondays.
The major station for long distance trains is 1 Rajshahi Railway Station, north of the city centre. Time may change now.
The journey from Dhaka is 261 km, taking approximately 5 hours, depending on traffic. One must cross the famous Jamuna Bridge to reach the city.
- 1 Natore Rajbari, Rajbari Rd, ☏ +880 1740643620. 09:00-18:00. Seat of the Rajshahi Raj family of zamindars, it was a significant royal palace built circa 1704-1710. Famous queen Rani Bhabani lived here. The grounds are really aesthetic with the colonnaded quarters framed by lagoons and trees.
- 2 Uttara Ganabhaban (off Rajshani-Bogra Hwy (N502) NE of Natore going towards Chalen Beel), ☏ +880 1552814608. Daily 08:00-18:00. Another stately royal palace that was built in 1734, formerly the seat of the Dighapatia Raj, an aristocratic landed estate in the Bengal Presidency of the British Raj. It is also known as Dighapatia Rajbari and with its regal setting serves as the northern residence for the Bangladeshi Prime Minister, and a site for receiving foreign ambassadors.
- 3 Chalen Beel. Big wetland. Apparently part of it is called Halti Beel(?).
- kacha golla (half prepared sweet)
- 1 Islamia Pochur Hotel & Restaurant, Chakrampur, Dhaka - Natore Hwy, ☏ +880 1767405366. If you want some authentic Bengali food, you should try this one.
- 2 Quince Restaurant, Kanaikhali, Dhaka - Natore Hwy, 6400 (on main thoroughfare N6 through town), ☏ +880 1886955555. Nice biryani but could cost a little more than some of the other restaurants in town.
You might need to try a nearby town for lodging.