Chapai Nawabganj or Nawabganj is located on the north-western part of Bangladesh. It is a part of the Rajshahi Division. Originally, it was a sub-division of Malda District. In 1947, it was severed from Malda and was given to East Pakistan as a sub-division of Rajshahi district. It became a separate district of Bangladesh in 1984. The north and west part of Chapai Nawabganj is bounded by Malda and Nadia of India, east is by Naogaon and south-east is by Rajshahi district.
Jump to navigation Jump to search