- 1 Netanya's train station. Connecting Netanya to Haifa and to Tel Aviv, with a car rental station nearby. It is not really in walking distance from the city center - there are buses and taxis though. (For the Poleg area in southern Netanya, the "Beit Yehoshua" train station will be more convenient than the Netanya station.)
- 2 Central Bus Station. Located downtown a 10-minute walk from the beach, is served by buses to Tel Aviv, Haifa, Jerusalem, and other cities.
The tourist-friendly area downtown is small and easily walkable. Bicycles and walking are common transportation along the beach. If you need to visit another neighborhood, a bus or taxi is the best bet.
- 1 Herzl street. Pedestrian zone and city square, at the western part of the street. Has many restaurants and attractions.
- 2 Netanya Market.
- 3 Netanya Flower market.
- 4 The Well House, 17 Sokolov, ☎ . A museum telling the early history of Netanya located in a farm established in 1928, and as such one of the earliest buildings in Netanya.
- 5 Yemenite Jewish Heritage Museum (Pearl of the Tribes of Israel), 11 Independence Square.
- 6 Netanya City Museum, McDonald 3.
- 7 Shlomo Dror Art Institute.
- 8 Gallery on the Cliff.
Beaches and nature
- The beach. The city is located on a cliff overlooking the beaches which stretch along the shore. There are paths down to the beach, as well as an elevator (see below) in one place.
- Netanya Promenade. A wonderful landscaped walkway on the cliff above the beach, with great views of the sea shore.
- 1 Elevator to the beach. There is an elevator down the cliff to the "Sironit" beach. The ride is free and you get a fascinating view of the sea.
- 2 "Irusim" natural reserve.
- 3 Winter pond and park, Ben gurion steet.
- Beach products along marketplaces by Mediterranean Sea.
- 1 Hasharon Mall (Kanyon Ha'Sharon), 60 Herzl St.
- 2 Hadarim Mall, 2 Hakadar street, 'old industrial zone'.
- 3 Ir Yamim Mall, Ben gurion St.
- 1 [dead link]Gehalim, Sderot Giborei Israel 17, ☎ 1700-552-555. 12:00pm-24:00. Gehalim is the only glatt kosher restaurant lamehadrin of the Netanya area. Their speciality is barbecued grilled meat, with which they provide unlimited salad and bread. Reservations are recommended.
Nearly all hotels in Netanya are located on the cliff edge above the beach, or very close by.
- 1 Residence Hotel, ☎ 09-8301110/03/04. Located directly above the beach with a breathtaking view of sea and a 5-minute walk from Netanya’s main square and city centre.
- 2 Residence Beach Hotel, ☎ 09-8301110/03/04. A unique, luxurious and intimate hotel, perfect for businessmen, couples and small families seeking a quiet and relaxed atmosphere. Located at a beautiful shoreline spot, close to the city center with easy access to the beautiful promenade and the beach.
- 3 Galil Hotel, ☎ 09-8301110/03/04. Set on the shore line, the Galil Hotel has spacious accommodations.
- 4 Seasons Hotel (along the north beach, 5 min walk from the city center), ☎ 09-8601520. , 09-8601555A boutique hotel overlooking the sea from an elevated cliff.
- 5 Island Suites, 10 Ben Ami Ave, ☎ 077-2666666.
- 6 Carmel Hotel, 2 Ben Ami Ave.
- Caesarea is located north of Netanya.
|Routes through Netanya|
|Haifa ← Hadera, Caesarea ←||N S||→ Herzliya → Tel Aviv|
|Nahariyya, Akko, Haifa ← Hadera ←||N S||→ Herzliya → Tel Aviv, Ben Gurion International Airport|