New Rockford is a tiny city and the county seat of Eddy County in the U.S. Great Plains state of North Dakota. Situated on the near-completely dried up James River and home to a junction of the abandoned Great Northern Railway, it's almost in the middle of nowhere: 96 miles (155 kilometers) northeast of the state capital of Bismarck and 118 miles (190 kilometers) northwest of North Dakota's largest city Fargo. However, this certainly doesn't detract from the unique nature of the city, with a tasteful combination of 1800s historical sites alongside community events. 1,352 people (2018 estimate) reside in the 1.54 square mile (3.99 square kilometer) area of New Rockford.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
- By car: from I-94, take US-281 north about 60 miles
- Tomlinson Field, New Rockford ND, Tel: +1 701 947-5047
- Community Credit Union, 20 1st. St. N, +1 701 947-5011.
- Security State Bank of ND, 6 South 8th Street, +1 701 947-2421.
- New Rockford Golf Club, Hwy 281 North, ☏ .
- Eagle Club, 2923 7 8th St. S, ☏ .
- New Rockford Swimming Pool, 230 2nd Ave. N, ☏ .
- Rockford Theatre, 8 8th St. N, ☏ .
- Wonder Lanes, 903 Central Ave, ☏ .
- Fishing. At Warsing Dam, Sheyenne River, Battle Lake, and James River for pike, perch and walleye
- Hunting. North Dakota Game & Fish
- The Opera House, 818 Central Ave, ☏ . In the historic 1910 Niven Building, a renovated theatre with seating for 130, performers from throughout the state come to act, sing, play, and dance at the acclaimed venue, recipient of the 2009 Governor’s Award for the Arts. Ticket price for all performances vary between $15 –$25 The shows typically run 4-6 weeks each and include Sunday matinees.
- Bakers Dozen, 20 8th St. N, ☏ .
- Farmers Union Oil / CENEX, Hwy 281, ☏ .
- Guthrie's Stop-N-Shop, Hwy 281, ☏ .
- Hagen's SuperValu, 15 N. 7th St, ☏ .
- Hardware Hank, 16 N. 8th St, ☏ .
- Hideaway Hair Salon, 12 8th St N, ☏ .
- JoAnns Beauty Shop, 933 4th Ave. N, ☏ .
- LaVonne's Corner Cut & Curl, ☏ .
- Log Cabin Liquors, Hwy 281, ☏ .
- Richard's Radio and TV, ☏ .
- Seaburg Drug, 4 8th St. N, ☏ .
- Sharon's Greenhouse, 912 1st Ave N, ☏ .
- Styles By Glenda, 820 Central Ave, ☏ .
- Bill's Place Grill & Bar, 381 1st Street South, ☏ .
- Bucket Joe's Pizza, 826 Central, ☏ .
- D & J's Eats-N-Treats, 101 1st St, ☏ .
- Dairy King, 104 Central Ave, ☏ .
- Nathan's Burgers, 101 1st St N, ☏ .
- Rockford Café, 714 1st Avenue North, ☏ .
- RoughCuts Grill & Saloon, 381 1st St. S, ☏ .
- Double D Saloon, 1678 Hwy 281 S, ☏ .
- Hanson's Bar, 811 Central Ave, ☏ .
- Bison Lodge, 222 1st Street South (Highway 281), ☏ , fax: .
New Rockford is in area code 701.
- City Library, 813 1st. Ave. N, +1 701 947-5540.
- Post Office, 827 1st. Ave. N, +1 701 947-5312.
|Routes through New Rockford|
|Brandon ← Churchs Ferry ←||N S||→ Carrington → Jamestown|