An industrial town, Newton-le-Willows, like many in this area, grew to its current proportion as a result of the railways. The western part of the town is called 1 Earlestown.
The town is located near to the M6 motorway.
The nearest airports are Liverpool John Lennon and Manchester Airport.
Whilst there are no express coach services, coaches do serve nearby Liverpool and Manchester.
- 1 Sankey Valley Viaduct. Earlestown's principal tourist attraction, built in 1830 and one of the oldest rail viaducts in the World. Walks are available along the former St Helens Canal, under the viaduct and as far as St Helens in the north and Warrington in the south.
- Go to the races at 1 Haydock Park Racecourse, Newton-le-Willows WA12 0HQ (One mile north of A580 / M6 jcn 23, take A599 towards Ashton), ☏ . This has race meetings most Saturdays throughout the year, flat racing in summer and jumps in winter.
- [dead link] The Pied Bull Hotel, 54 High St., ☏ .
- Holiday Inn Haydock, Lodge Ln. (M6 J23), ☏ .
- Mercure Haydock Hotel, Penny Ln., ☏ .
|Routes through Newton-le-Willows|
|Glasgow ← Wigan ←||N S||→ Warrington → Birmingham|