By Road: Neyveli Township is located at about 200 KM South-West of Chennai (the state capital of Tamilnadu, India). Neyveli is well connected by Road through NH45C and 532. The place is located on the highway to Tanjore from Chennai at about 24th KM from Panruti. There are frequent bus services run by TNSTC, SETC and other Private concerns that connect the township to prominent locations such as Chennai, Pondicherry, Bangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, Madurai, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Shencottah etc.
By Rail: Neyveli has its own railway station that has trains connecting it to some far away places such as Karaikal,Bangalore and nearby places such as Cuddalore, Virudhaachalam the later of which lies on the southern railway main chord line and hence acts as a hop over station to several prominent destinations such as Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Kanniyakumari etc.
- The Township Administration of Neyveli had created afforestation station surrounding Neyveli for about 25 square kilometres. Moreover, the afforestation is built with an artificial waterfall and lake situated just about 5 km from the Airstrip. The lake has been developed with a boat house and facilities for tourists as the place is visited by seasonal birds and is a mini bird sanctuary. The afforestation area has in inhabited by some wildlife like deer and fox for view to public, however, the same had been temporarily suspended for public viewing for 14 years.
- Hotel Blue Diamond - located in Main bazaar is good for nice vegetarian meals.
Neyveli Township has lots of hotels.
- Hotel Krishna - Rooms available, with attached bar/restaurant with vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
- Hotel Radha - is a star hotel near the bus stand.
- Hotel Swarnabawan - located inside the bus stand is nice and cheap.