Jump to navigation Jump to search
Exits 4 and 5 of the A63
- 1 Katholische Kirche Sankt Georg (Saint George’s Catholic Church), Alte Landstraße 30. The Catholic parish church was build in the late 1700s but the quire tower on the east side is a remnant of the old mediaeval church from the 12th century.
- Klein-Winternheim is a village whose recorded history dates to April 1100. The region's economy was dominated by wine-growing for a long time. Nowadays many people live in Klein-Winternheim because it's close to the state capital, Mainz. It has a few shops, bakery and ice cream cafe. There are two retail areas, one off Oppenheimer Street near the rail station, the larger to the west of the autobahn exit 4.
- 1 Il Vecchio Mulino, Bussolengo-Platz 6 (Just off Pariser Straße), ☏ . Good Italian food, good décor and service.
- 2 Olli's Snackbox, Am Neuberg 7 (In industrial estate west of Autobahn), ☏ . MF 10:00-18:00. Excellent German fast food stand with some Dutch items: Currywürst, large burgers, fries etc. Standing only, very popular with truckers and local office workers.
- 3 Phönix, Kleine Wassergasse 3, ☏ . Good Chinese food
- 4 Zur Krone, Backhausstraße 12, ☏ . Typical German food. Attached to Hotel Becker.
- 5 Gleis Thai Restaurant, Ludwig-Eckes-Allee 1, ☏ . Well modernised conversion of the station building, quality Thai dishes, although not spicy.
- 1 CB Hotel Becker, Backhaus Street 12, ☏ .
- 2 Das Crass, Pariser Str. 129, ☏ . Modern hotel with restaurant