Nilo Peçanha is a city on the coast of Bahia, a state in Brazil. It's home to some 14,000 people (2020), many of whom work in the extensive agricultural activities around town. Part of the "Dendê Coast", the local economy largely revolves around production of cocoa, guaraná, dendê (palm) oil and cassava.
It is 7 km south-west of Taperoá.
The nearest airports are:
- Valencia Airport 30 km
- Dep. Luís Eduardo Magalhães International Airport 114 km
- Jorge Amado Airport 135 km
It has many buildings listed as Historic Heritage.
- 1 Miguel Ferreira Araújo MuseuM (Museu Miguel Ferreira Araújo), Rua Cícero Antero de Brito, 114. Taperoá.
- Pousada Marina de Boipeba, Rua da Praia, 100 (in front of Boca da Barra Beach). This guest house occupies an old farm surrounded by tropical forest, and offers accommodation with a patio or balcony. Regional breakfast and hiking are provided. R$ 780.
- Pousada Luar das Águas, Rua da Praia, S/N, Velha Boipeba (100 meters from Praia da Boca da Barra Beach). It offers rooms with a balcony overlooking the garden. All rooms feature a private bathroom with shower and toilet. R$ 144.
- Quinta do Caju, Primeira Travessa, 85 (near the beach on Ilha do Boipeba). It features spacious chalets overlooking a small lagoon, plus a range of outdoor activities.
- Pousada Velha Boipeba, Rua Do Ribeirinho, 5 (in Ilha de Boipeba, 500 m from Boca da Barra Beach). It offers rooms with a balcony and hammock, tropical gardens and free Wi-Fi. R$ 120-150.
- Sossego Inn, Rua Nova, 52, Ilha de Boipeba (150 m from Boca da Barra Beach, in Ilha de Boipeba). It offers basic accommodation with free WiFi. R$ 75-100.