Noojee is a small town in Gippsland.
The best and most convenient way to get around Noojee is using a car. Alternatively, a combination of train and bus services can be used -- taking the V/Line train from Melbourne to Warragul, and then taking the regional bus service from Warragul to Noojee. The regional bus service timetable can be found here.
- 1 Ada Tree (Ada Tall Trees Reserve), 25 km Northwest of Noojee, ☏ . Walk to the Ada Tree, a huge and ancient Mountain Ash, which is estimated to be over 300 years old. The tree stands 76 metres high and 15 metres in circumference and is one of Victoria’s tallest trees. 1.8 km from the Ada River Road car park. Picnic and toilet facilities available.
- 2 Noojee Heritage Centre. The Noojee railway station. A steam train and small museum with historical photos and maps. This is also the beginning of the Noojee Trestle Bridge Rail Trail. Free.
- 3 Noojee Picnic Grounds. Barbecues, toilets, and a playground all on the banks of the La Trobe River. Free.
- 4 Noojee Trestle Bridge. A historical railway bridge. Free.
- 5 Noojee Water Wheel. A historical water wheel a short walk from town. Free.
- 6 Toorongo Falls (head east along the Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road from Noojee then turn left on to Toorongo Valley Road; the falls are at the end of the road). Toorongo Falls are a short drive from Noojee. Toorongo Falls are a 1.2-km return hike or a 2.2-km circuit. The circuit also include the Ampitheatre Falls. There is a free camping area located a short drive before reaching the falls with very basic toilets. Free.
- 1 Ada River Road Hike. 1.5. Hike along the Ada River Road between the junction of Dowey Spur Road and Ada River Road to The Ada Tall Trees Reserve (junction of Federal Road and Ada River Road). The trip is 4.7 km each way and takes approximately 1.5 hours each way (2.5 hours each way for a six year old child). This section of the Ada River Road is impassable to all vehicles including trail or mountain bikes and is only suitable to hikers. Free.
- 1 Little Red Duck Cafe, 1 Bennett St, Noojee, ☏ . 8AM-4PM Wed-Sun. Coffee, milkshakes, bacon and eggs, fish and chips.
- 1 La Trobe River Camping Area, Ada River Road, Gentle Annie. A nice camping site with picnic tables and a toilet. A short walk to the La Trobe River. Free.
- 2 Toorongo Falls Camping Area, Toorongo Valley Rd, Noojee. Campsite beside river. Basic composting toilets. Free.
- 3 Toorongo River Chalets (Toorongo River Sanctuary), 105 Toorongo Valley Rd, Noojee, ☏ .