Jump to navigation Jump to search
Northern Mountains is a region of Montenegro.
- 1 Berane
- 2 Bijelo Polje – Transportation hub between Belgrade and Podgorica.
- 3 Gusinje – A great hub for hiking trips into the Albanian Alps—Peaks of the Balkans, Theth, and Lepushë.
- 4 Kolašin – A picturesque mountain town home to few luxurious hotels, and great hub for treks into the Biogradska Gora National Park.
- 5 Plav
- 6 Rožaje – The easternmost major Montenegrin town, on the junction of the roads leading to Pejë, Kosovo and Novi Pazar, Serbia.
- 7 Žabljak – The center of Montenegrin mountain tourism, and also close to Tara canyon for rafting and white water.
- 1 Biogradska Gora National Park – Some of the last remaining untouched forests in Europe, with convenient, locally serviced mountain huts.
- 2 Durmitor National Park – Rafting through the Tara Canyon, the deepest canyon in Europe, is one of the most popular activities in Montenegro here, beside lots of hiking opportunities.
Irregular buses serve this region—check the day before when they go or you might miss the last one.
Hitchhiking is possible and not hard.
- Peja – A popular city with mountaineers in northwestern Kosovo.