There are buses from Kraków leaving from the bus station next to main railway station (MDA). Buses are frequent and cover the distance to Nowy Sącz in approximately 2 hours and tickets cost 14 zł. Most bus connections are operated by the company Szwagropol.
Trains from Kraków depart every two hours and take three and a half hours to get to Nowy Sącz. Tickets from Kraków cost 15 zł. From Tarnów the journey takes two hours and costs 10 zł.
The 1 Nowy Sącz train station is located about 2 kilometers south of the historic centre.
- Market Square (Rynek). One of the largest squares in Poland. Second only to Kraków's.
- Town Hall. From the 19th century.
- 1 Royal Castle Ruins. Partially restored ruins of a medieval castle.
- Saint Margaret's Basilica.
- Great Synagogue.
- [dead link] Open Air Museum of Architecture.
Check the Nowy Sącz District Museum [dead link] with several branches in different historical buildings.