Jump to navigation Jump to search
Just to the south of Occidental is the village of Freestone (a total of 26 homes, widely scattered). Attractions in Freestone are included on this page.
- 1 St Dorothy's Rest, 160 St Dorothy Ave, Camp Meeker, ☏ . Retreat
- Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary, Freestone
- Sonoma Canopy Tours, 6250 Bohemian Highway, toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A very different way to see a redwood forest - two different courses, each taking two-and-a-half hours, which include multiple zip lines, sky bridges, a majestic spiral staircase, and a rappel to the forest floor. Open year-round. $99 and $119 for the two tours.
- Barley and Hops Tavern, 3688 Bohemian Highway, ☏ . M-Th 4-9:30, Fri 4-10, Sat 11-10, Sun 11-9:30. 100% From scratch pub grub under 15.00 and over 50 craft beers from around the world in a cozy Victorian home, nestled in downtown Occidental. $.
- Howard Station Cafe (Howard's), 3611 Main St, ☏ . A West County classic, owned by one of the three major Italian families of Occidental. Howard's is the best place for breakfast, with fresh juices, smoothies and specials. Try the Corn-meal Pancakes and watch the locals come in and out. On a sunny weekend morning don't be surprised to see large groups of cyclist eating before or after a long, hard ride on the ridge line.
- Wild Flour Bread, 140 Bohemian Hwy, Freestone, ☏ . Fri-Mon 8AM-6:30PM. Brick-oven-baked sourdough breads, scones, and biscotti, and coffee drinks. It's almost always busy, but the line moves quickly (phone orders NOT accepted). And if you have a few extra minutes, check out the beautiful garden just off the parking lot.