Ocosingo is a city in Chiapas.
- Colectivo from San Cristobal de las Casas - 2-hour journey, US$4
- Colectivo from Comitan via Altamirano - 2-hour journey, US$4
- Colectivo from Palenque
There are urban colectivos, but the city is small enough that it is best to walk.
- Mercado Etnia Tzeltal A Campesino Market where countryside woman sell their products. Worth to see even if you don't want to buy anything. Has a flair of village life. Between 2a Av. Sur Ote and 3a Av. Sur Ote four blocks east (downhill) from the plaza.
There are Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) in Ocosingo. Before heading into Laguna Miramar you should pull out any needed cash here.
There are a number of decent hotels off of the main plaza that are priced under US$30.
- Hotel La Casona, south side of the plaza, double rooms M$300, also rented as single rooms M$250 if not too crowded. Clean big rooms with private bathroom an TV. Free WiFi and drinking water.
- Hospedaje Esmeralda, Calle Central Norte 14, 100. M from the plaza in a side street. Single rooms M$180, double rooms. Common bathrooms. Economic restaurant in the entrance hall. Very familiar with permanently running TV. Used to be a highly frequented meeting point for budget travellers as long as under US American ownership. Around 2005, the old owner has been driven out by Zapatistas.
- 1 Hotel Toniná, ☏ . Basic hotel offering rooms with or without AC. All rooms have 2 double beds and the price depends on the occupancy. A few blocks away from the main square and thus quiet. Free WiFi and parking.
- Laguna Miramar
- San Cristobal de las Casas
- Small Airport with flights to the Lacondon jungle