Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Kiyomizu Falls. A temple area with a stunning waterfall. It is not to be confused with Kiyomizu Temple in Kyoto. Ogi has one other Kiyomizu Temple just 3 kilometers away from the falls, so, be careful to set them apart.
- Youkan (羊羹). A sweet bean paste made out of red or white beans.
- Marubouro (丸ぼうろ). A soft, cake-like cookie.
- Strawberries. Saga Prefecture is where many of Japan's best strawberries come from. You can buy them from farmer's stands in Ogi.
- Raw Carp. The other dish, besides youkan, for which Ogi is known in particular. Strawberries and Maruboro should be tried in Ogi, but because they are from Saga prefecture as a whole, and not just Ogi.
- Daikichi (大吉). A local, family-owned yakitori restaurant and bar. Extremely friendly staff livens up the everyday experience of barbecued meat on skewers.
|Routes through Ogi|
|Saga ← Kubota ←||N S||→ Kohoku → Nagasaki|