Trains run daily every two hours from Exeter St David's, with peak hour services starting from Exeter Central, taking 45 min via Crediton. This "Dartmoor Line" closed to passenger services in 1972, remaining in use for freight and as a summer heritage railway, but in Nov 2021 it re-opened for regular trains. It's expected the service will increase to hourly early in 2022.
The 1 station is half a mile south of the village. It's an unstaffed platform with a ticket machine but no toilets.
- 1 Okehampton Castle, Castle Lodge, EX20 1JA, ☏ . adults £3.90, children £2.30, concessions £3.50.
- 2 Finch Foundry, Sticklepath, EX20 2NW (4 miles east of Okehampton), ☏ , email@example.com.
- Granite Way is an 11 mile walking and cycling path along the edge of Dartmoor, from Okehampton to Sourton and Lydford. It crosses the spectacular Meldon and Lake Viaducts.
- 1 Fountain Inn, Fore St, EX20 1AP, ☏ .
- 2 Lewtrenchard Manor, Lewdown EX20 4PN, ☏ . Upscale hotel in manor house built 1620 but made over by the energetic Rev Sabine Baring-Gould, the antiquarian polymath and chum of Gilbert & Sullivan who put them on the trail of the Pirates of Penzance. Beautiful decor, service and cuisine. B&B double from £270.
Okehampton and its approach roads have 4G from all UK carriers, but you soon lose the signal on the moors. As of April 2022, 5G has not reached this area.
- Dartmoor National Park lies just south of town.
- Exeter is mostly modern, but full of activities and historic sites.
|Routes through Okehampton|
|Land's End ← Launceston ←||W E||→ Exeter →|