North America > United States of America > Great Plains > Oklahoma > Frontier Country > Greater Oklahoma City > Oklahoma City > Oklahoma City/Northeast
The Northeast district of Oklahoma City includes the Paseo Arts District and the Adventure District. Located at the crossroads of Interstate 35 and Interstate 44, the Adventure District includes seven attractions and two restaurants within an area that is just slightly smaller than two square miles.
Most people drive cars in Oklahoma, and the Adventure District is located near two major highways.
The city's EMBARK bus route 022 stops at the Oklahoma City Zoo and Remington Park, and bus route 003 stops at the zoo. These run every 30 minutes on weekdays, and once an hour on Saturday. There is no bus service in this area on Sundays, holidays, or nights.
The Paseo Arts District is served by bus #4; however, be aware that the bus only runs until 7PM on weekdays and Saturdays; no buses run on Sundays.
- 1 National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, 1700 N.E. 63rd Street, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 10AM-5PM; Su noon-5PM. Western exhibitions, art and historical memorabilia. Adults $12.50, seniors 62+ $9.75, children 6-12 $5.75, Children under 6 free.
- 2 National Softball Hall of Fame, 2801 NE 50th Street, ☏ . M–F 8:30AM-4:30PM. Hours vary on weekends. Free admission.
- 3 Oklahoma State Firefighters Museum, 2716 NE 50th Street, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M-Sa 9AM-4:30PM, Su 1PM-4:30PM. Spend an hour or two looking over this collection of fire-fighting gear and equipment that dates back to the 1700s. Adults $6, seniors $5, children 6 and up $3, children under 6 free.
Paseo Arts District
The Paseo is between NW 23rd Street & NW 30th Street, and between Walker Avenue and Shartel Avenue.
- Avalon on Paseo, 514 NW 28th.
- Studio 200: Valerie Ledbetter Pulley, Artist, ☏ . Open First Friday and by appointment.
- Studio 600: Studio of Linda L. Land, ☏ . Open First Friday and by appointment.
- Studio 700: Bone Dust Gallery/Cowgirl Boutique, ☏ . Th-Sa 6PM-9PM and by appointment..
- Studio 800: MJ Alexander Photography, ☏ . First Friday and by appointment.
- Carousels & More, 3018 Paseo, ☏ . M-Sa 11AM-5PM; First Friday; by appointment.
- Contemporary Art Gallery, 2928 Paseo, ☏ . W-Sa noon-5PM; First Friday; by appointment.
- Houx Studio, 2927 Paseo, ☏ .
- 4 In Your Eye Studio & Gallery, 3005A Paseo, ☏ . Th-Sa noon-5PM; First Friday; by appointment.
- 5 JRB Art at the Elms, 2810 N. Walker, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-6PM; Su 1PM-5PM; First Friday.
- Lovely Day Fine Art & Plants, 2616 N. Shartel Ave., ☏ . Tu-F 10AM-6PM; Sa 10AM-2PM; First Friday.
- Mariposa on Paseo, 3003A Paseo.
- Matlock Studio, 3005 Paseo, ☏ . First Friday; by appointment.
- Paseo Art Space, 3022 Paseo, ☏ . W-Sa noon-4PM; First Friday.
- Paseo Pottery, 3017 Paseo, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM; First Friday; by appointment.
- Gallery One, 2927 Paseo. Tu-F 11AM-5PM; Sa Su 1-5PM.
- 6 Studio Six, 3021 Paseo, ☏ . M-F 11AM-4PM; First Friday by appointment.
- First Friday. F 6PM-10PM; Sa noon-6PM. Gallery walk in the Paseo Arts District that occurs the first Friday, and subsequent Saturday, of each month.
- 1 Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden, 2101 Northeast 50th Street, ☏ . 9AM–5PM daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas. Extra charge for some shows, tours, and rides. Bring a picnic. Non-smoking throughout, including e-cigarettes. No charge for parking. $11, children 3–11 & seniors 65+ $8, children under 3 free.
- 2 Science Museum Oklahoma (Omniplex), 2100 NE 52nd St, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 9AM–5PM, Sa 9AM–6PM, Su 11AM–6PM. Science and technology museum. Good for children and teens. The museum is air conditioned, so if you're trying to do everything in one day, spend the morning at the zoo and the afternoon here. $15.95; children 3–12 & seniors 65+, $12.95.
- 3 Cinemark Tinseltown USA, 6001 Martin Luther King Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: . Movie theater
- 4 Remington Park Racing Casino, 1 Remington Place, ☏ , toll-free: . Su–W 10AM–midnight, Th 10AM–2AM, Sa–Su 10AM–3AM. free admission.
- 5 Lincoln Golf Course, 4001 NE Grand Blvd (near the intersection of NE 36th St and N Martin Luther King Ave), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The West course is a 6600-yard, par-71. The East course is a 6400-yard, par-70 course. Reserve tee times up to six days in advance. $28; discounts available.
- 6 Frontier City, 11501 N I-35 Service Rd, ☏ .
The zoo, the race track, and the larger museums in and around the Adventure district all sell food.
- 1 Sonic Drive-In, 6101 N Martin Luther King Ave, ☏ . 6AM–11PM daily; open until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. A favorite retro-style burger chain. Consider the bacon-topped burgers or chili cheese beef hot dogs, with a side of chili cheese tater tots, and washed down with a cherry limeade. Save room for one of their shakes, which are as thick as soft-serve ice cream. $6–10.
- 2 Iron Star Urban Barbeque, 3700 North Shartel Ave, ☏ .
- 1 Twin Fountains RV Park, 2727 NE 63rd St, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. $55 per night.
- 2 [dead link] Waterford Marriott, 6300 Waterford Blvd (Bricktown), ☏ . Upscale suites, relaxing spa, on-site dining.