Jump to navigation Jump to search
The city of Orange is easily accessible from the 5, 22, 55, 57, and 91 freeways. Orange is also served by Metrolink via the Inland Empire and Orange County trains. 1 Orange Station is located at 194 N Atchison St.
- 1 The Plaza and Old Towne Orange Historic District, Around intersection of Chapman Ave and Glassel St.. The Old Town Historic district is a one-square mile area surrounding the Plaza at the intersection of Chapman Ave. and Glassel St. The district is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and contains approximately 1,300 buildings dating back as far as the 1870s. The Plaza at the center of the district has been used as a movies stand-in for small towns in historic movies.
- 1 Peters Canyon Regional Park, 8548 E. Canyon View Ave., ☏ . 7AM to sunset. Hiking, biking, and equestrian trails around a lake and along a stream. The reservoir attracts many birds so it is an excellent spot for birdwatching.
- Santiago Oaks Regional Park, 2145 N. Windes Drive (Enter at Anaheim Hills Elementary School, Irvine Regional Park, or address shown), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Great for hiking, mountain biking, equestrian riding, etc.
- 1 The Outlets at Orange (The Block), 20 City Boulevard West, ☏ . A massive out-door shopping venue with a multi-screen movie theatre and giant indoor skate park.
- 1 Felix Continental Café, 36 Plaza Square, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F: 11AM-10PM, Sa-Su: 8AM-10PM. In the Orange Circle is a quaint location with the best Cuban and Spanish food in all of Orange County with outdoor seating providing lovely views of the Plaza. Lunch: $7-14; Dinner: $10-14.
- 2 Orange Hill, 6410 E. Chapman, ☏ . The elegant Orange Hill Restaurant, located in the foothills of Orange, is an upscale dining experience. It features one of Southern California's best Sunday Brunches with views all the way to the ocean. Dinner: $19-39; Weekend brunch: children - $14.95, adults - $27.95-32.95.
- 3 Watson Soda Fountain & Lunch Counter, 116 E Chapman Ave., ☏ , fax: . M-Sa: 6:30AM-9PM, Su: 8AM-6PM. There are few places like Watson Soda Fountain & Lunch Counter left in America, and even fewer in Orange County. With formica and chrome, "Liver and Onions" on special, and red checkered tablecloths with swivel stools to match, it oozes nostalgia without even trying. Both a functioning drug store and a diner, its interior is a space so eeriely classic, so suspended in a long forgotten decade, that I half expect Andy Taylor to mosey in, saddle up at the counter, and order a slice of apple pie and a chocolate malt -- which just happens to be a specialty of the house.
- 1 Danny K's Billiards and Sports Bar, 1096 N Main St. Excellent sport bar with many quality pool tables.
- 1 Best Western Orange Plaza, 1302 W Chapman Ave, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Days Inn Anaheim-Orange, 279 S. Main St, ☏ .
- 3 Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-orange, 720 The City Drive South, ☏ , fax: .
- 4 Motel 6 Anaheim Stadium - Orange, 2920 West Chapman Ave, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Orange|
|Los Angeles ← Anaheim ←||N S||→ Santa Ana → San Diego|
|Long Beach ← Garden Grove ←||W E||→ END|
|Ends at ← Anaheim ←||N S||→ Santa Ana/Tustin → Newport Beach|
|Pomona ← Anaheim ←||N S||→ Santa Ana → Ends at|