Ostrow Wielkopolski is a city in Wielkopolskie Voivodship, in Poland. It is in the southern part of Wielkopolska, one of the largest and the best economically developed regions of Poland. The town has around 73,000 inhabitants (2014) and is the fifth largest agglomeration in that region.
The 1 Train Station is on the western edge of the town centre. It is a short walk to the main square of the city from the train station. From Wrocław and Poznań to Ostrów Wielkopolski trains take at least 1½ hours (depending on the train type). From Łódź the train takes approximately 2 hours.
Ostrów Wielkopolski lies 23 km southwest of Kalisz and is easily accessible by car.
- 1 St Stanislaus' Church (Konkatedra pw. św. Stanisława Biskupa Męczennika), Kardynała M. Ledóchowskiego 2. This Neo-Romanesque co-cathedral was built in 1906. The growing number of Catholics in the city that time required an impressive church. The interior is very nicely decorated.
- 2 New Synagogue, Raszkowska 21, ☏ .
- 3 Church of Our Lady the Queen of Poland (Kościół Najświętszej Marii Panny), ul. Królowej Jadwigi 7. Erected in 1788, this church has been a Catholic church since 1945.
- 4 Town Hall (Ratusz), Rynek 1. The Town Hall building now houses the city museum of Ostrów Wielkopolski.
- 1 Borowianka, Limanowskiego 134, ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. It is very nice and comfortable accommodation object. A lot of rooms, beautiful restaurant and conference halls. Great location in the quiet area, near the Szczygliczka lake and forest. 60-200 zł.