Ottapalam is the location of most Malayalam films because of the beauty of the paddy fields, coconut plantations and banana plantations here. All these ingredients are available everywhere in Kerala, but in Ottapalam, you will get an expanse of greenery undisturbed by eyesores of modern civilization like electric cables, vehicles or buildings. The town is populated by only 53,000 people which is much below Kerala average.
- Chinakathoor Kavu Temple, Ottapalam. Chinakathoor Pooram festival is conducted here every year.
- Sri Chinnakkathoor Bhagavathy Temple, Lakkidi. Famous 21 day festival with costumes and animal shapes on show.
- Top Notch Bakery, Near Lakhsmi Cinema.
- Achoos Restaurant, Near Seventh Day Adventist hospital.
- AFC Fried Chicken, Qatar Tower, Kayarampara.
- Food Fusion Restaurant, opp. Bus Station.
- J. N. V. Mess, Mayannur.
- Kayyalakkal Restaurant, Ali Akbar Road, ☎ .
- Kottaram Restaurant, Poolakkaparamba, ☎ .
- Revathy Restaurant, Shornur Road.
- Sadhya Restaurant, Market line.
- Shree Lakshmi Restaurant, Ottapalam.
- Aramana Hotel, Railway road, ☎ . ₹1,300.
- Ashok Bhavan Hotel, Ottapalam.
- Choice Regency, Ottapalam.
- Kelco Residency, Sunder Iyer road.
- Malabar Lodge, Near State Bank of India.
- Priya Tourist Home, Near Lakshmi Cinema, ☎ .
- Varikkashery Mana, Vaniyamkulam, ☎ .
- Area code international (+91 466).
- Area code national (0466).
- Online Ottapalam, Near Bus Stand, ☎ .
- Travel House, Cherpulassery Road Junction, ☎ .