Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Door of No Return - Memorial to the Slave trade
- Ouidah Cathedral
- Basilique de l’Immaculée Conception
- Good Marquis at Gbena – You’ll find JM and the boys there every Friday night. They offer salad, roasted turkey, chicken, and fish, and African staples (rice and pâte). (Tell Zem Marquis Gbena)
- Amicalé – Sometimes Ouidah can wear on you. Go to Amicale next to the basilica. The couple that owns it are so nice, you’ll come back just for the company. They have schwarma, hamburgers, ice cream, fish, chicken, and an Ivorian specialty called Atcheke. Drinks are a little more expensive than at buvettes.
- Côté Pêche – Some of the best fish in Ouidah. Don’t order of the menu, ask them what’s good. If you go in a group, you can negotiate to share a large fish. Sides include fries, legumes, and rice. (Tell Zem “Restaurant en face d’EPP Bresil” if they don’t know “Coté peche”
- Le Jardin Secret – This is supposed to be very good food. It’s secluded, but there are signs on the highway. It’s also a hotel and offers moto and bike rental.