Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pénjamo is close to the Guanajuato International Airport (BJX).
- 1 Jardín Principal (Central Plaza).
- 2 Zona Arqueológica de Plazuelas (Plazuelas), ☏ . Tu-Su 10:00-18:00. A pre-Columbian archaeological site in use from 600-900 CE. Remains include several pyramidal structures, a large ball court, and a boulder field with many carved glyphs. A small museum is also located on the site. M$65 (pesos) (adults), M$10 (children 5-12).
- 3 Corralejo Ex Hacienda, Carretera 90 Pénjamo-Abasolo. Daily 10:00-16:00. This former hacienda was established in 1565, and was the birthplace of Mexican Independence hero Miguel Hidalgo in 1753. A modern monument stands in front of the hacienda.
- Canyon of the Bats (Cañon de los Murciélagos). Located in the nearby Sierra de Pénjamo, this rugged area has a number of waterfalls and good hiking trails.
- Restaurant Yong You (永有), Calle Aldama 25 y Arteaga, ☏ . Daily 10:00-21:00.