Pézenas is a medieval gem - the old town center was the seat of government to the Princes from Paris, many fine Renaissance buildings are intact, and the narrow medieval streets offer visitors a unique experience of seeing a complete city as it was in the Middle Ages. It has a preserved ghetto complete with wall and gates.
The official guide for Pézenas can be seen here.
The A75 Autoroute connects Pézenas to Paris and the A9 Autoroute just South of Pézenas opens the whole of the South of France, from Spain to Italy.
The closest airports to Pézenas are Aéroport de Béziers Cap d'Agde, with Ryanair flights to Paris (Beauvais), the UK, Germany and Sweden, and Aéroport de Montpellier Méditerrannée, with destinations across Europe (including Air France/HOP flights to both airports in Paris).
The entire town can be visited on foot.
- Brilliant Saturday market - all day in the Summer but closes early afternoon in Autumn / Winter.
- Very interesting old quarter with vibrant artisan shops open in the Summer- open till midnight on Wednesday and Friday.
- Circulades, traditionals villages that has been built in concentric circles, next to Pezenas. For example: Caux, Alignan-du-Vent and Nézignan-l'Évêque.
- Very interesting wine producing villages in the immediate area.
- Easy road link to the Med. coast, approx. 20km away.
- Chez Paul Restaurant, ☏ . Shadowed terrace, regional wines.
- Hotel de Vigniamont, 5 rue Massillon, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. They call themselves a "luxury bed and breakfast." €95-140/night, minimum stay 2 nights. Early evening "Raid the Pantry" included. Breakfast Breakfast €9/person.
If you want to drive somewhere: Carrefour sells petrol/diesel and is just on the outskirts of town. There is also a Total garage in the same vicinity. Reportedly, none of the hypermarkets in Pezenas sell road fuel. There are several petrol stations in the town, but these are expensive when compared with hypermarkets. It is best to visit hypermarkets in Béziers about 20km south, or Clermont l'Hérault 15km North, for cheap fuel.