Póvoa de Varzim is one of the oldest fishing towns in Portugal, and a beach resort since the 19th century for beach healing purposes due to large quantities of iodine in the air and seawater. The city has diverse districts, an old picturesque downtown, the old fishermen district, high rise beach districts and an emerging contemporary east district. Póvoa is a nightlife hotspot in Portugal.
Porto Airport is the closest airport and it is easy to reach Póvoa de Varzim by public transport. You can take tram E from the Airport to tram stop Verdes and then change to tram B towards Póvoa de Varzim. To take the tram you need to buy Andante ticket Z3  [formerly dead link].
Povoa Marina (41° 22′N 08° 46 W)
Around the waterfront
- Beaches - several bay shaped sandy beaches
- Passeio Alegre - Entertainment district, includes amongst bars, the historic beach library/bar (Diana Bar)
- Casino da Póvoa - in Passeio Alegre district. Is a traditional and monumental European casino.
- Avenida dos Banhos - Main beaches avenue, spotted with beach bars, very lively in the summer and sunny weekends.
- Póvoa Fortress - built to protect the town from pirate attacks
- The four remaining old Beach Villas of Avenida Mousinho de Albuquerque
- The seaport and the fishermen quarter with the Lapa Lighthouse-Church
Around the city center
- Praça do Almada - Central square, local traditional architecture, 16th century pillory, statue of Eça de Queirós
- Póvoa de Varzim City Hall - in Praça do Almada, 18th century architecture that mixes Portuguese tiles, English style and French engineering.
- Rua da Junqueira - 19th century shopping Street, traditional architecture and stores
- Ethnography and History Museum
- Largo das Dores Square and its churches
- Igreja Matriz - Main church of the city in the old town center with Portuguese art
Around the countryside
- Romanesque Church of Rates and Village of Rates - one of the best and oldest of Portugal's Romanesque.
- Cividade de Terroso in Cividade Hill- Celtic city ruins, houses, walls, streets. The 3 thousand year old cradle of Povoa.
- São Félix Hill - religious hill with panoramic views over the city and the countryside.
- Grande Hotel da Póvoa, Passeio Alegre 20, ☏ .
- Axis Vermar Conference & Beach Hotel, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vial do Conde,Maia,Porto,Gaia,Espinho,Amarante,Guimaraes,Braga.