It was founded by the Shoshone Indians. Today, it is a commuter town for Las Vegas. Its population is nearly 50,000, and it is the tenth largest city in Nevada.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
From Las Vegas, take Blue Diamond Road.
There are several parks, wineries, at least one museum, and a community pool. Events throughout the year are held in the town parks, including free movies in the park, Pow Wows, craft fairs and seasonal festivals.
Parks and outdoors
- 1 Petrack Park, 150 NV-160 (corner of NV-160 and E. Basin Avenue), ☎ . The largest park in Pahrump that includes the community pool, tennis courts, basket ball court, a multi-use field with horse facilities, a community center adjacent, a playground with slides, swings, etc., a large parking lot and public bathrooms.
- 2 Pahrump Community Pool, 150 NV-160, ☎ . May-Sept: 7AM-6PM.
If you win...
Chances are if you win it big in Pahrump and you are a foreigner you will get dinged by the IRS 30% withholding tax. That $10,000 slot winning can dwindle quite quickly if that is taken off the top. Not to worry though you can reclaim your gambling winnings tax through a 1042-S form. You should get this from the casino, and don't lose it: it is your starting ticket to getting your gambling winnings back.
Opportunities to gamble are plentiful in Pahrump. It is state law that all gamblers must be at least 21 years of age. Even if you are at least 21 years old, you are required to bring to the casino a valid ID that shows your current age or complete date of birth (e.g. driver's license, passport) as proof of your age. Photocopies of valid IDs are usually not considered valid. In-house security makes rounds of inspections to check compliance. If you are under age or without a valid ID to prove your age and found in the gambling premises, hotel staff will ask you to leave, and could ask the metro police to issue you a citation. Moreover, underage gamblers cannot collect any jackpot; such bets are void and the casino will at best return your wager before asking you to leave the premises. There is a curfew for anyone under the age of 18 and police are comfortable transporting violators to a juvenile center.
- 2 Lakeside Casino, 5870 Homestead Rd, ☎ , toll-free: .
- 3 Gold Town, 771 S Frontage Rd, ☎ .
- 4 Pahrump Nugget, 681 South Highway 160, ☎ .
- 5 Saddle West Hotel and Casino, 1220 Nevada 160, ☎ .
- 6 Irene's Casino, 820 East St, ☎ . A small, budget casino.
- 1 Mom's Diner, 1240 State St #100, ☎ .
- 2 Chatthai Bistro, 421 S Frontage Rd #1, ☎ . Open 11am-9pm, Closed Monday. Cozy Thai restaurant with some creative dishes and a good peanut sauce.
Pahrump has hotel-casinos, hotels and RV parks to accommodate most travelers.
- 1 Best Western Pahrump Oasis, 1101 NV-160, ☎ .
- Wine Ridge RV Resort & Cottages, 3800 Winery Rd., ☎ .
- 2 Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pahrump, 861 S Highway 160, ☎ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM.
|Routes through Pahrump|
|Ends at N S ←||NW SE||→ Las Vegas → END|
|Death Valley N.P. ← Shoshone ← Becomes ←||W E||→ END|