Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not to be confused with Palmyra in Syria.
Palmira is a city of some 300,000 in Valle del Cauca, known as the "Agricultural Capital of Colombia."
- 1 Cathedral of Our Lady of the Rosary (Catedral de Nuestra Señora del Rosario del Palmar). Palmira's stunning cathedral and city symbol is on the main square next to City Hall, dating back to 1724.
- 2 Municipal Forest.
- 3 Old City Hall (Antigua Alcaldía). Beautiful Republican building on Parque Bolívar.
- 4 Reserva Natural Nirvana (Southeast of the city (up a rough road)), ☏ . A mountain nature reserve established on a former coffee plantation, filled with nature trails. Has a nice restaurant.
- 5 Río Claro Rail Station (Bosque Municipal). Another beautiful old building, now a museum.