Jump to navigation Jump to search
Palos Heights (also known simply as Palos) is a town in Chicago's southern suburbs with a large Muslim minority.
I-57 is nearby, but does not connect directly to Palos.
Palos Heights is served by Midway Airport.
There aren't a whole lot of sights in Palos Heights compared to nearby Chicago.
- St Spyridon Greek Orthodox Church- An iconic local church.
- Palos Courts[dead link]- An indoor basketball club
- Oak Hills Golf Course- A golf course near the southern edge of Palos Heights.
Palos Heights is home to a diverse array of restaurants from all different cultures.
- The Harvest Room- Locally sourced food, as well as plentiful vegan options. 1-(708)-671-8905
- Lou Malnati's Pizzeria- Family-owned local chain for Italian classics & Chicago-style, deep-dish pizzas with butter crusts. 1-(708)-608-2400
- Mama Vesuvio's East- Homestyle Italian restaurant with outdoor tables showcasing red-sauce pastas, pizza & other staples. 1-(708)-371-2500.
- Lumes Pancake House- A local pancake chain. 1-(708)-361-7744.
- Zach's on Tap- A bar with live performances. 1-(708)-361-1226.
There aren't any hotels directly in Palos Heights. However, there are several hotels in nearby Alsip.
- DoubleTree by Hilton- Free WiFi, an indoor pool, restaurant & free Midway airport shuttle. 1-(708)-371-7300.
- Baymont by Wyndham- Free Wi-Fi, parking, an airport shuttle, and a business center. 1-(708)-844-1591