Panaca is a small city in Southern Nevada.
Gambling and alcohol are illegal. It was founded as a Mormon settlement in 1864, making it the oldest settlement in Southern Nevada. The town has not changed much ever since.
Panaca is located in the remote desert of Nevada at the crossroads of US-53 and NV-319.
- From Cedar City, Utah – Panaca is 81 mi (130 km) (about a hour and a half) west of Cedar City on the UT-56 and then NV-319.
- From Las Vegas – Panaca is 166 mi (267 km) (about three hours) north of Las Vegas on the US-93 and then NV-319.
- 1 Court Rock. A distinctive hill/rock formation that was used as a jail until 1871.
- 2 Panaca Ward Chapel, 1065 Main St. Panaca Ward Chapel was constructed in 1867 or 1868 as a Mormon meetinghouse. The oldest building in Lincoln County and is Nevada's Historic Marker #182.
- Pioneer Day. Every July 24th.
- 1 Beaver Dam State Park (South on U.S. 93, east on Beaver Dam Rd.), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Beaver Dam State Park is the most remote park in the Nevada system, located 34 miles southeast of Panaca. It is a wild area of forests, canyons, streams, and, of course, beaver dams. Activities include fishing, camping, and hiking. Day use: $7/vehicle; Camping: $14/night.
- 2 Cathedral Gorge State Park (1 mile north on U.S. 93, west on Cathedral Gorge State Park Road), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Cathedral Gorge is a fun gorge of benzonite clay that has been eroded into tall formation. Visitors can wander inside the benzonite formations, which change frequently due to the weather. The park offers a Dutch oven cook-off in September. $7 per vehicle.
- Cindy Sooz Country Kitchen, 503 Main St, ☏ .
- 1 Pine Tree Inn, 412 N Third St, ☏ . A bed and breakfast that also houses a bakery and offers horseback riding and ATV guided tours. $70-85.
- Pioche – Located approximately 12 mi (19 km) north of Panaca on the US-319, US-93 (Great Basin Highway), then SR-321 is Pioche. The town that means pickaxe in French was built to mine silver and has plenty of historic buildings still standing today.
- Rachel – Located approximately 98 mi (158 km) west of Panaca on the SR-319, US-93 (Great Basin Highway), then SR-375 (Extraterrestrial Highway) is the little village of Rachel. The town is notable for its proximity to Area 51 and the Nellis Air Force base.
- Ely – Located approximately 108 mi (174 km) north of Panaca on the US-319, US-93 (Great Basin Highway), then US-50 is the ghost town Ely. The town has several museums, one of which focuses on its railway heritage.
|Routes through Panaca|
|Ely ← Pioche ←||N S||→ Caliente → Las Vegas|
|END ←||W E||→ becomes → Cedar City|