90 km from Fortaleza by fairly good roads; a handful of daily buses by Pegasus take about 2,5 hours.
The town is small and walkable.
- Freshwater lagoons
- Costa do Sol Poente
Beaches are the main attraction. Careful with the rocks! Follow the locals into the water.
- Kitesurfing is picking up as elsewhere along the coast of Ceará.
- Surfing is popular, and there is a school and board rental on the beach.
Be aware that most shops close for lunch.
Paracuru has grown into a sort of regional nightlife hub on weekends, but occasionally some neighbouring town throws a party that dries out the local market. The square around the church has a string of pavement bars that keep going until after midnight.
- Ventos Brasil (One block off the main square). Weekend disco. Free entry.
- Papagay (the main square). Main bar/disco. Free entry.
- Sweet Point (the main square). Chic bar specializing in quality cocktails. Free entry.
Several small inns and also some vacation houses for rent.