Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bus to Saadatshahr, from there savari to Pasargad.
The sights are a few kilometers apart, so you might want transport in between.
- 1 Tomb of Cyrus. The burial place of the ancient Cyrus the Great of Persia who founded of the Persian Empire under the Achaemenid dynasty. However it is unfortunately hidden under an ugly scaffolding and corrugated iron roof. It's an UNESCO World Heritage site, listed as Pasargadae.
- Persian Gardens, one of nine world heritage listed Persian gardens in Iran.
- 2 Private palace (Palace P).
- 3 Gateway palace. Very little left of it.
- 4 Audience Palace.
- Irrigation of the royal garden, interesting to see how advanced they were then
- 5 Tall-i Takht (Throne Hill). Throne of the Mother of Solomon, a ruin of a palace on a hill.
- 6 Prison of Solomon.
There are no restaurants on site.
Buy your bottled water near the ticket office.