Payakumbuh is a city in West Sumatra province.
This city does not have an airport so the only way to this city is by car from the city of Padang or Pekanbaru which took about 3 hours. It is recommended to pass through the city of Pekanbaru because the Pekanbaru-Payakumbuh route is not too congested compared to the Padang-Payakumbuh route which can take more than three hours and even up to a dozen hours during the holiday season.
- 4 Ratapan Ibu Bridge.
- 5 Surau Dagang Rao-Rao.
- Rumah Gadang Kapten Tantawi.
- 6 Tuo Koto Nan Ampek Mosque.
- Perkampungan Tradisional Balai Kaliki.
Watch Pacu Itiak (Flying duck race), a traditional competition that is held every year in this city.
Payakumbuh's special dishes including: boreh rondang, kipang, rondang boluk, rondang tolua dan martabak tolua.
Here are some places to eat in this city:
- Minang Asli. Serving typical Indonesian food and is not too seasoned, so it's perfect for those who don't like spicy food.
- Sate Man (Inside the traditional market at Jalan Ahmad Yani.). Serving padang satay
There are very few lodging in this city, and in the form of homestay or guesthouse. There are very few hotels in here. If you want to stay at a luxurious hotel, it is recommended to serach in Bukittinggi.
- 1 Grand Narasaki Hotel, Jl. Soekarno Hatta, ☏ , (WhatsApp). Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00.
- Bundo Kanduang Hotel, Jl. Prof HM Yamin SH No. 25, ☏ , , , fax: . Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00.
Payakumbuh's telehone area code is +62 752.