This article also covers the nearby communities of Green Lane, Greenville, East Greenville, Macungie, Palm, Spinnerstown, Red Hill, and Quakertown.
Pennsburg is a small town in Montgomery County that prides itself on being a family oriented, welcoming community. It is part of the Upper Perkiomen School District.
From Pottstown: Route 663 East
From Philadelphia: Route 476 North to PA Turnpike North. PA Turnpike to Quakertown / Pottstown Exit #44. Right on Route 663 West.
From New York and Northern Jersey: George Washington Bridge to I80 West to Route 33 South. Route 22 West to PA Turnpike. South on PA Turnpike to Quakertown / Pottstown Exit #44. Right on Route 663 West. OR I78 West to Route 33 North. Route 22 West to PA Turnpike (Route 476). South on PA Turnpike to Quakertown / Pottstown Exit #44. Right on Route 663 West to Geryville Pike (2nd light past Turnpike).
From Reading: Route 222 North to Route 309 South to Route 663 West.
From Allentown: Route 309 South to Route 663 West. Follow Route 663 past PA Turnpike.
From Lancaster: Route 222 North to Route 309 South to Route 663 West. Follow Route 663 past PA Turnpike.
From the Poconos: I-80 West to Route 33 South. Route 22 West to PA Turnpike. South on PA Turnpike to Quakertown / Pottstown Exit #44. Right on Route 663 West.
From Wilkes-Barre: PA Turnpike (Route 476 South) to Quakertown / Pottstown Exit #44. Right on Route 663 West.
From Stroudsburg: Route 33 South to Route 22 West to PA Turnpike (Route 476). South on PA Turnpike to Quakertown / Pottstown Exit #44. Right on Route 663 West.
From Bloomsburg: I80 East to Route 33 South. Route 22 West to PA Turnpike (Route 476). South on PA Turnpike to Quakertown / Pottstown Exit #44. Right on Route 663 West.
From Maryland (Baltimore): I95 North to Route 476 North. PA Turnpike North to Quakertown / Pottstown Exit #44. Right on Route 663 West.
- Unami Creek. The beautiful Unami Creek is home to a variety wildlife and spectacular scenery. The area hosts white tailed deer, turkeys, woodpeckers, different varieties of hawks, and great blue herons, among others.
- Schwenkfelder Library & Heritage Center, 105 Seminary St, ☏ . Experience PA German Culture through exhibits of folk art and history including renowned fraktur and textile collections. Here you can find the history of the Upper Perkiomen Valley region.
- Perkiomen Trail. A 19-mile-long trail lining the Perkiomen Creek that offers horse trails, jogging, biking, or just sight-seeing.
- Green Lane Park, 2144 Snyder Rd, Green Lane (Rts 29 & 63), ☏ . The park consists of over 3400 acres and three bodies of water totaling 870 acres. Four recreational activity sites within the park offer a variety of uses. A Nature Center offers environmental classes. Fishing, boating, camping, tennis, ice skating, a playground and plenty of picnicking space.
- Pennsburg Nature Preserve. Peaceful and serene walking trails off of East 5th Street.
- The Grand Theater, 252 Main Street East, Greenville. An affordable, family oriented movie theater that features a large stage, 12,000 watts sound system, and a VIP section. Once called the Old Valley Theater, it was renovated in 2004.
- Macoby Run Golf Course, 5275 McLean Station Rd, Green Lane. The front 9 holes have a 138' of elevation change with both hills and trees to keep you on point. The back 9 holes offer a bit of a reprieve with open terrain.
- Sweet Water Golf Course, 2554 Geryville Pike. A "2777 yard par 36 with even two par 5’s – one of them the 475-yard No. 4. Nine and 18 hole rates are available." Sweet Water Golf Course also "The Loft" venue for private parties and weddings.
- Bear Creek Mountain Resort, 101 Doe Mountain Ln, Macungie. Located about 15 minutes away from Pennsburg is Bear Creek's Ski Resort and Spa. Spread over 330 acres, Bear Creek offers skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing, fishing, boating, tennis, hiking, and biking. It also features banquet and meeting facilities, grille, and a hotel and spa with indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs.
- Upper Perkiomen Park and Green Lane Reservoir, Rt 29, Green Lane, ☏ . Boating, fishing, hiking, picnicking and tennis.
- Scottish Irish Festival. This popular, three-day festival is held at Green Lane Park. It features live entertainment, music, food, dancing, childrens' activities, arts and crafts and everything Scottish-Irish Culture!
- East Greenville Fire Company's Annual Carnival. Cotton Candy, Funnel Cake, Ferris Wheels, and fun. The Fire Company's annual carnival is always popular is Pennsburg.
- Community Day. Main Street is shut down and local vendors and residents line the streets selling items, food, and auctioning off anything from antiques to bridal gowns.
- Quakertown Farmers Market, 201 Station Rd, Quakertown. Over 120 Indoor Flea Market Vendors with anything from unique gifts and antiques to fresh produce.
- Good Things Gift Shop, 218 Main St, East Greenville. You can find just about anything at this novelty shop- from unique gadgets to handcrafted jewelry and delicious treats.
- Valley Star Gifts, 553 Main St.
- Pennsburg Diner, 321 Pottstown Ave.
- Finland Inn, 1750 Upper Ridge Rd.
- Pizza Como, 468 Pottstown Ave.
- Tosco's Pizza and Restaurant, 824 Main St.
- Strawberry House Restaurant and Bakery, 3771 Layfield Rd.
- Golden Bowl, 357 Main St.
- Chiaro's Pizzeria and Restaurant, 337 Main St.
- Powderbourne, 2071 Baus Rd, East Greenville.
- Rita's Waterice, 503 Pottstown Ave.
- Cafe 663, 1271 Quakertown Ave.
- Mario's Pizza, 258 Main St, East Greenville.
- Jamison Publick House, 1860 Geryville Pike.
- The Wing Man Bar and Grill, 622 Main St, Suite 115, East Greenville.
- Vince & Friends, 642 Main St, East Greenville.
- Carriage House Restaurant, 745 Main St, East Greenville.
- Cab Frye's Restaurant, 914 Gravel Pike, Rt. 29, Palm.
- Spinnerstown Hotel and Tap Room, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd, Spinnerstown.
- Wing Man Bar and Grill, 622 Main St, Suite 115, East Greenville. Voted best wings 2009 and 2010.
- Bally Hotel, 660 Main St, Bally. Wing night on Thursdays.
- Sumneytown Hotel, 3188 Main St, Green Lane. Wing night on Tuesdays.
- Pc Pub, 468 Pottstown Ave.
- Tosco's Sports Bar, 822 Main St. 50 cent bud lights during Sunday football games.
- American Legion, Palm. Wing night on Wednesdays.
- Cab Frye's, 914 gravel pike, rt. 29, Palm.
- Rockwell's, 120 Gravel Pike, Green Lane. Wing night on Mondays.
- Buckeye Tavern, 3741 Brookside Rd, Macungie.
- Main Street Sports Bar, 313 Main St, Red Hill.
- Hampton Inn, 1915 John Fries Highway, Quakertown.
- Comfort Inn and Suite, 1905 John Fries Highway, Quakertown.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, 1918 John Fries Highway, Quakertown.
- Springhill Suites, 1930 John Fries Highway, Quakertown.
- Cab Motel, 926 Gravel Pike, Palm.
- Best Western Motor Inn, 1446 West Broad St, Quakertown.
- Spinnerstown Hotel, 2195 Spinnerstown Rd, Spinnerstown.